Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Fanboys: New cars vs Old cars Toyota reliability

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yea eh. Glad to hear things are better, MirageRally. As an aside... have you ever looked at the newest Mazda 3's, with 2.5 L skyactiv engines, and 6 speed manual?

I think that it's only in Canada you can get a base trim, manual tranny Mazda3. I think that in the States, the manual Mazda3 only comes in premium trims.

I think Mazda3's have more going on for them than a new Corolla. As nice as corollas look, my friend has a '20.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Yea eh. Glad to hear things are better, MirageRally. As an aside... have you ever looked at the newest Mazda 3's, with 2.5 L skyactiv engines, and 6 speed manual?

I think that it's only in Canada you can get a base trim, manual tranny Mazda3. I think that in the States, the manual Mazda3 only comes in premium trims.

I think Mazda3's have more going on for them than a new Corolla. As nice as corollas look, my friend has a '20.
    Only can get a U.S. Mazda in FWD Hatchback with a 6-speed manual...nice thing is Mazda still uses a 6-speed manual and auto and offers only a couple engines...Mazda might be the new Toyota in the next 10-15 years as they are refining their engines and using what they have-also Mazda hasn't gone to cvts yet...l don't like that Toyota is going to cvts in certain vehicles...if they wanted their corollas to last a long time they wouldn't put cvts in them...but if anyone can make a car last...it's Toyota...
    Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Only can get a U.S. Mazda in FWD Hatchback with a 6-speed manual...nice thing is Mazda still uses a 6-speed manual and auto and offers only a couple engines...Mazda might be the new Toyota in the next 10-15 years as they are refining their engines and using what they have-also Mazda hasn't gone to cvts yet...l don't like that Toyota is going to cvts in certain vehicles...if they wanted their corollas to last a long time they wouldn't put cvts in them...but if anyone can make a car last...it's Toyota...
    TBH, l really wanted the Scion IA/Toyota yaris bc it was a Mazda 2 in sedan form...the Automatic gives you full control when you disable Stability Control and was a blast on the test drive as it used every bit of it's 1.5L Skyactiv engine...that will probably be my next car...if l'll be able to find one

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-07-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Only can get a U.S. Mazda in FWD Hatchback with a 6-speed manual...
    That's cool. Hatchback is more practical, but I am tired of hatchbacks.

There's a marked-down, but brand-new 2019 Mazda3 for sale near me, eh. And has some of the creature comforts I have lived without for years now. My Mirage is just a bare-bones ES.

I love my Mirage but I wouldn't mind a sportier car. One with more legroom hopefully. something with more go.My plan is to keep my Mirage too. I think this Mazda is just sitting around the Mazda dealer because it's a stick shift. I would make sure to rust proof right away.

https://www.autotrader.ca/a/mazda/ma...202S0&sprx=100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    TBH, l really wanted the Scion IA/Toyota yaris bc it was a Mazda 2 in sedan form...the Automatic gives you full control when you disable Stability Control and was a blast on the test drive as it used every bit of it's 1.5L Skyactiv engine...that will probably be my next car...if l'll be able to find one
    If you really want a Mazda 2 you can still buy them in the USA. Puerto Rico. You could buy it and ship it to Florida then drive it home.

https://flagshipmazda.com/encontrar/modelo=Mazda2/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-10-2020),MirageRally (08-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    If you really want a Mazda 2 you can still buy them in the USA. Puerto Rico. You could buy it and ship it to Florida then drive it home.

https://flagshipmazda.com/encontrar/modelo=Mazda2/
    Yay! l'll be looking at that when the Mirage goes...

Country
    United States
    Thanks

There's a marked-down, but brand-new 2019 Mazda3 for sale near me, eh. And has some of the creature comforts I have lived without for years now. My Mirage is just a bare-bones ES.

I love my Mirage but I wouldn't mind a sportier car. One with more legroom hopefully. something with more go.My plan is to keep my Mirage too. I think this Mazda is just sitting around the Mazda dealer because it's a stick shift. I would make sure to rust proof right away.

l agree as well Dspace9...l'm tired of hatchbacks and my next car will either be a coupe or sedan...probably a coupe...l go back and forth between the Scion tc and Yaris/IA...TC has an awesome Toyota Camry engine and solid shifting 6-speed...and the Yaris/IA gets 30mpg and also has a solid shifting 6-speed...hmmm...decisions decisions

Yeah we know, car rust out there. Jeez...There are other parts of the planet that don't need to worry about it like you do. Rust belt in Ontario, Quebec and a bunch of Nova Scotia do apparently. It's almost like you need others to get what you did so you aren't alone lol.
    Or are you just a clever spammer for Krown?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah we know, car rust out there. Jeez...There are other parts of the planet that don't need to worry about it like you do. Rust belt in Ontario, Quebec and a bunch of Nova Scotia do apparently. It's almost like you need others to get what you did so you aren't alone lol.
    Or are you just a clever spammer for Krown?
    If you're offended, I can edit my post

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    l agree as well Dspace9...l'm tired of hatchbacks and my next car will either be a coupe or sedan...probably a coupe...l go back and forth between the Scion tc and Yaris/IA...TC has an awesome Toyota Camry engine and solid shifting 6-speed...and the Yaris/IA gets 30mpg and also has a solid shifting 6-speed...hmmm...decisions decisions
    I've owned 3 cars in 20 years, 1 convertible and 2 hatchbacks. Time for a change. I can justify a $16,799 Mazda3 new, but not a $36,000 one.. and I find it shifty the dealer's price is $1000 more on their website than it is on auto trader.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-07-2020)