Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Toyota Fanboys: New cars vs Old cars Toyota reliability

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I've owned 3 cars in 20 years, 1 convertible and 2 hatchbacks. Time for a change. I can justify a $16,799 Mazda3 new, but not a $36,000 one.. and I find it shifty the dealer's price is $1000 more on their website than it is on auto trader.
    3 Cars in 20 years? Wow, that's awesome l would love my cars to last that long but cars don't like me bc l don't treat them nicely. Although, when they break l can fix them...somewhat...lol, should've learned more when l was training in Auto-Service...oh well.
    Yeah, pricing has gone up significantly...my Mirage is the only car l bought new-every other will be used...can't see myself spending 20k+.

Interests: Rallying/Drifting/Cars/Motorcycles

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-07-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    3 Cars in 20 years? Wow, that's awesome l would love my cars to last that long but cars don't like me bc l don't treat them nicely. Although, when they break l can fix them...somewhat...lol, should've learned more when l was training in Auto-Service...oh well.
    Yeah, pricing has gone up significantly...my Mirage is the only car l bought new-every other will be used...can't see myself spending 20k+.
    I'm really careful with my spending too. My Mirage cost me round $12,495 back in 2014, so for me to pay in the range of $16,700 for a new Mazda3, doesn't seem bad. And that's less money than a new Spark I think (before markdowns), and cheaper than a new Toyota anything.. Something to consider. Unfortunately, I feel that I have literally outgrown my beloved Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm really careful with my spending too. My Mirage cost me round $12,495 back in 2014, so for me to pay in the range of $16,700 for a new Mazda3, doesn't seem bad. And that's less money than a new Spark I think (before markdowns), and cheaper than a new Toyota anything.. Something to consider. Unfortunately, I feel that I have literally outgrown my beloved Mirage.
    True, Toyota's are expensive (imo, only go used Toyota's)...and for me being 5' 3"...l can only shrink haha lol...sometimes l wish l was taller like being able to reach my dinner plates on the top level of the shelf lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    True, Toyota's are expensive (imo, only go used Toyota's)...and for me being 5' 3"...l can only shrink haha lol...sometimes l wish l was taller like being able to reach my dinner plates on the top level of the shelf lol.
    Yea eh. I'm 6'2, more or less.. and then you add winter boots and I am too tall almost. So you must be careful what you wish for. I can get pretty good dizzy spells standing up fast.

Honestly Mirage Rally,I don't mean to dismiss the Mirage's small space. It's a good design, and the legroom in my Mirage is not much better in a Lancer. I just feel like I work hard, and I want a sports sedan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What about changing the seat? Would swapping a different seat give you more room? Or adding extra seat rails to make more room?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yea eh. I'm 6'2, more or less.. and then you add winter boots and I am too tall almost. So you must be careful what you wish for. I can get pretty good dizzy spells standing up fast.

Honestly Mirage Rally,I don't mean to dismiss the Mirage's small space. It's a good design, and the legroom in my Mirage is not much better in a Lancer. I just feel like I work hard, and I want a sports sedan.
    If ya got the $$$, go for it my friend Mazda's are great luxury, then sporty when you want them to be

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If ya got the $$$, go for it my friend Mazda's are great luxury, then sporty when you want them to be
    Whatever you get, make sure a trusted mechanic looks it over l got screwed on my last car bc l didn't have it looked over.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What about changing the seat? Would swapping a different seat give you more room? Or adding extra seat rails to make more room?
    Pretty sure that won't help, but thanks for the advice. The seat rails aren't going anywhere in my Mirage, so an LS deluxe Mirage seat, theoretically swapped, won't make the leg room length any longer.

Might make my bum warm on those cold nights, but not much else.

Anyway hockey time cheers!!! I will let you know if I test drive that Mazda3. I want to see what my options are, but keep in mind the dollar figure.. and also question the dealer with 2 different prices advertised online.

Typical. No surprises there eh

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (08-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Pretty sure that won't help, but thanks for the advice. The seat rails aren't going anywhere in my Mirage, so an LS deluxe Mirage seat, theoretically swapped, won't make the leg room length any longer.

Might make my bum warm on those cold nights, but not much else.

Anyway hockey time cheers!!! I will let you know if I test drive that Mazda3. I want to see what my options are, but keep in mind the dollar figure.. and also question the dealer with 2 different prices advertised online.

Typical. No surprises there eh
    Good luck my friend

If you're offended, I can edit my post
    Hell no!!

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-10-2020)