Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enough is Enough!

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Just for the record, I am 6' 1" and easily 40 pounds heavier than you.
    Does your driving seat sag Mark? I thought it was just me being a tad overweight.

Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post

Stealing 'em is the cheapest option. Joke, joke, joke, don't crucify me for that.
    Haha no problemo. You know what is a comfortable car to sit in is the new generation Mustangs. Tons of legroom for us 6 footers. Only problem is getting in and out, as they are low to the ground.

I might try a bead cover for my seat.
    Last edited by dspace9; 05-17-2020 at 11:39 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-18-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Does your driving seat sag Mark? I thought it was just me being a tad overweight.
    I don't have any issues with my seat. 95% of my driving is just me. I've only had someone in the back seat once in 2.5 years.

I have custom seat covers on my front seats, but I don't think that matters. I don't find the front seat to be uncomfortable, & I don't have the 6-way adjustable driver's seat either. I actually sat in both the ES & SE, because in 2017 you buy a manual in either trim level. I saw no justification for the 6-way driver's seat (it's a standard feature now) for myself. I have a 6-way adjustable driver's seat on my Forester, & I really don't use it.

The 2015 Chevy Impala I use for driver's education has 6-way power adjustments (maybe it's an 8-way, it gets confusing 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 - way power seats) for the driver. In this case, it's very nice to have. My students come in all different sizes. It's better than keeping a pillow in the trunk for short drivers.

I really don't mind the ride of a Mirage, but I also own an older Subaru Forester. If I knew I was going to haul a larger load of whatever, I would use my Forester instead.

If I only owned one vehicle, I would probably own something a little more substantial than the Mirage. Thus, I get where you are coming from Chad.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-18-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Haha no problemo. You know what is a comfortable car to sit in is the new generation Mustangs. Tons of legroom for us 6 footers. Only problem is getting in and out, as they are low to the ground.

I might try a bead cover for my seat.
    Mustangs are rare here, very very rare, never seen one. That's another problem for me, getting in and out. I'd literally have to lay on the tarmac, feet in first then get some brave soul to shoehorn me in, that's the easy part though, getting out, well I couldn't. It'll become my coffin.
    Dirk Diggler suggested to me ages ago about some seat cushion but the ones we get here are Mickey Mouse stuff.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't have any issues with my seat. 95% of my driving is just me. I've only had someone in the back seat once in 2.5 years.

I have custom seat covers on my front seats, but I don't think that matters. I don't find the front seat to be uncomfortable, & I don't have the 6-way adjustable driver's seat either. I actually sat in both the ES & SE, because in 2017 you buy a manual in either trim level. I saw no justification for the 6-way driver's seat (it's a standard feature now) for myself. I have a 6-way adjustable driver's seat on my Forester, & I really don't use it.

The 2015 Chevy Impala I use for driver's education has 6-way power adjustments (maybe it's an 8-way, it gets confusing 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 - way power seats) for the driver. In this case, it's very nice to have. My students come in all different sizes. It's better than keeping a pillow in the trunk for short drivers.

I really don't mind the ride of a Mirage, but I also own an older Subaru Forester. If I knew I was going to haul a larger load of whatever, I would use my Forester instead.

If I only owned one vehicle, I would probably own something a little more substantial than the Mirage. Thus, I get where you are coming from Chad.

I've got £ notes in the bank and certainly could afford to purchase a larger vehicle. However, an age thing? I don't know, but I have a row with myself if I spend cash unnecessarily, simply because when I lay down my grandchildren will benefit. I even hate spending coinage of the realm at the supermarket but I have to. Another trait, that's not unique to me, is being cynical, it's an age thing.
    Last edited by itschad; 05-18-2020 at 05:55 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Good luck with your Mercedes hatchback! They have plenty here, and are considered as good and reliable. They are quite a bit bigger and use more fuel than the Mirage. The engines for the A-class were designed and made in the same Kölleda plant, that the Mitsubishi and Smart 3A9x engines were originally designed made at. Kept in good maintenance, they last a long time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-21-2020)

Congrats on your new purchase, itschad. We'll miss having you around here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Congrats on your new purchase, itschad. We'll miss having you around here.
    He doesn't have to go anywhere, because he's not the only one that's sold his one & only Mirage lately.

Ha! But he's not currently keeping his eyes peeled for his NEXT Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha! But he's not currently keeping his eyes peeled for his NEXT Mirage.
    I know!

I just remember it hitting me funny when I realized that guys like Daox & you didn't even own Mirages. Heck, I would even put Fummins in that group, but he at least worked on them daily!