Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enough is Enough!

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing a Mercedes hatchback like that one. It's a nice looking car! If you are buying a 2015, someone else has taken the big depreciation hit on it.

I typically buy low mileage vehicles myself. The exception would be my Mirage, which was under 66% window sticker at the time. Since I plan on keeping the car for a long time, I don't mind owning it from day one.

If I was buying a nicer vehicle, however, I would surely look at the used market. Most Mercedes I see are sedans or SUVs. The hatchback really does look like a nice car!
    The car is solid, if you drive over a cigarette end it will not throw you off course and it's quiet when motoring.
    I also like the clear uncluttered fuss free interior.
    I cannot justify the expense of either a C Class or S Class as it's only for me and my grandchildren.
    Here are a few interior pictures of the A Class.

Name:  925a94015e6940d8a57141936c65afe9.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  61.9 KB

Name:  e957c71dc140490ca2b9f0ab391f7cf3.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  67.3 KB

Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

2. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Good thing you didn't put a lot of money into your Mirage experiment buying gadgets, gizmos & stickers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-17-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Wishing you luck mate in finding another car. We have roads here that are all potholes with a bit of tarmac thrown in fpr good measure, I'm convinced that eventually it will break the suspension on the Mirage.
    I'm dreaming itschad. Truth is, it's gonna be a few years minimum before I get another car... so many plans thrown out the window or turned over because of everything this year.

I was pretty sure I was gonna get rid of my Mirage last year. But I was having car issues, and my starter problem meant my Mirage stranded me a few times... finally fixed, but 2019 I bet I spent 50 hours at the Mitsubishi dealer, not even exaggerating. So I was looking at plan b for my car.
    Last edited by dspace9; 05-17-2020 at 12:34 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-17-2020),MirageRally (05-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    The car is solid, if you drive over a cigarette end it will not throw you off course and it's quiet when motoring.
    I also like the clear uncluttered fuss free interior.
    I cannot justify the expense of either a C Class or S Class as it's only for me and my grandchildren.
    Here are a few interior pictures of the A Class.
    The A Class sedan is our only A Class option in the States.

I like the simple interior of my Mirage, too! In all honesty, I like most everything about my Mirage. It's been exactly what I wanted in an economy car (affordable, reliable, & very economical). Unlike some, I find the seats comfortable.

I don't consider a Mercedes Benz an economy car, but I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Glad you found something you like better!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-17-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Good thing you didn't put a lot of money into your Mirage experiment buying gadgets, gizmos & stickers.
    The only expenditure was an upgrade to a Android Auto/ Apple Car Play infotainment system, however, that's coming out and may either sell on Fl-ebay or get it fitted into the Mercedes.
    I'm not one to bling up my cars, never have been at all, I just like a nice original car as God intended.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm dreaming itschad. Truth is, it's gonna be a few years minimum before I get another car... so many plans thrown out the window or turned over because of everything this year.

I was pretty sure I was gonna get rid of my Mirage last year. But I was having car issues, and my starter problem meant my Mirage stranded me a few times... finally fixed, but 2019 I bet I spent 50 hours at the Mitsubishi dealer, not even exaggerating. So I was looking at plan b for my car.
    Oops, sorry to hear that ds, hope things turn out well for you chum.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-17-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The A Class sedan is our only A Class option in the States.

I like the simple interior of my Mirage, too! In all honesty, I like most everything about my Mirage. It's been exactly what I wanted in an economy car (affordable, reliable, & very economical). Unlike some, I find the seats comfortable.

I don't consider a Mercedes Benz an economy car, but I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Glad you found something you like better!
    I fully understand that Mark but I'm 6ft 1" low and 16.5 stone (231 Lbs) , i guess my weight has helped in the deterioration of the seat. I certainly agree that the Mirage is a reliable chariot, if only it had a better suspension set up then I'd be happier.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-17-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Oops, sorry to hear that ds, hope things turn out well for you chum.
    Car is all fixed now. Problems were all fixed finally last winter, after a fight. The dealer said they sunk $3500 into my Mirage. Not sure if that is true but ya no more Mirage stranding me etc. So car is great now. Just want something with a better ride, but I want something with no car payments. I don't want to pay for a car anymore with all the crazy economic stuff now

My friend at work has a 2010 Camaro V6 6-speed and it's a real looker eh.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    I fully understand that Mark but I'm 6ft 1" low and 16.5 stone (231 Lbs) , i guess my weight has helped in the deterioration of the seat. I certainly agree that the Mirage is a reliable chariot, if only it had a better suspension set up then I'd be happier.
    Just for the record, I am 6' 1" and easily 40 pounds heavier than you.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Car is all fixed now. Problems were all fixed finally last winter, after a fight. The dealer said they sunk $3500 into my Mirage. Not sure if that is true but ya no more Mirage stranding me etc. So car is great now. Just want something with a better ride, but I want something with no car payments. I don't want to pay for a car anymore
    Stealing 'em is the cheapest option. Joke, joke, joke, don't crucify me for that.

Last edited by Eggman; 05-18-2020 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Fixed BB Code

17. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-17-2020)