Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mirage Warranty & Maintenance Manual

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
    Every 5 months - that is a money grab! Next vehicle I buy I'll look at the servicing requirements first. Oil, filter every 800 km is a bit overkill!
    Ummm, you know you can turn that off completely and just service your Mirage according to a normal schedule. The reminder is simply a reminder. Black helicopters will not hover overhead and ninjas pop out to confiscate your vehicle should you decide to ignore it or turn it off completely. Just sayin'

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (05-18-2020),Fummins (05-19-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nope. For me it's 800 KM! The 5 months comes first!!!!Attachment 18043

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Nope. For me it's 800 KM! The 5 months comes first!!!!Attachment 18043
    Again, the service reminder is just that. Just a reminder. ETACS, Mitsubishi Canada, your dealer, Mitsubishi North America, Mitsubishi Corporate Headquarters are not going to know or invalidate your warranty. You can expound the unholy virtues of having to get your oil changed every 800km repeatedly in your posts but other than creating word salad you're not moving the needle here on the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    For me thats a typo! Five Months is ridiculous.

Talk to Mitsubishi for clarification!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I get the message! FYI, the day I bought the car they booked the first service appointment - 5 months down the road. Love the car. Love the features for the price paid... only other feature I could have asked for is cruise control (I use it all the time in the city to avoid getting a ticket).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I get the message! FYI, the day I bought the car they booked the first service appointment - 5 months down the road. Love the car. Love the features for the price paid... only other feature I could have asked for is cruise control (I use it all the time in the city to avoid getting a ticket).
    Glad to hear you are enjoying your new Mirage. There is a lot of great information here that will help keep your Mirage in good shape for as long as you own it. Looking forward to some pics of your ride and your ownership experience!

In the same situation as Dieter here. Got a new G4 mid-February. My first oil change should be after five months (mid-July) according to Canadian "Mirage G4 Warranty & Maintenance Manual". Car has total of 700 km right now. Oh well.

I'll keep my eye on kijiji lol. I'd sell it too. Renting one or using Uber is probably cheaper than buying, insuring,maintaining and storing a new one. And depreciation. Plus no oil changes to worry about!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Alas the Warranty and Maintenance Manual is quite specific on the every 5 months (it's KM or time in months, whichever comes first).

This so ticks me off that I will dump this car first chance I get! This is extortion to maintain a warranty!
    Personally, I wouldn't own a brand of car if I thought it needed to be serviced at a dealership. I've owned cheap cars like a 1990 Ford Festiva ($5,300 brand new) for 14 years, & it never required any dealership service. My dad is one of those who likes going to dealerships for service, & because of that he owns GM vehicles. GM dealerships are close by, & that makes him happy. At his age, who cares? They seem to treat him well. There are many dealerships to pick from, & they want his business.

I guess you have to make a decision -

1. Sell a very affordable, reliable, & economical car.

2. Discuss this issue with your local service manager. Maybe get a 2nd & 3rd opinion from a couple others, and see if what they tell you is consistent. They may tell you what you want to hear or confirm what you want to hear, which I assume is an annual oil changes.

Given your warranty will expire over time, not mileage, I would do my own thing. I realize some wouldn't be comfortable with that. My Mirage was delivered to me from a dealership 4 hours away. I am not driving 8 hours for service. My nearest dealership (65 miles away) are crooks. I don't say that loosely. They have been investigated recently by the Department of Transportation for wrong doings.

3. If I drove very low mileage/year, I would change my oil a minimum of once a year. I would use a good synthetic oil and quality oil filter. If I wasn't comfortable doing it myself, I would find a local mechanic shop that would do this for me. Personally, I think any synthetic oil would be fine, but I would ask for quality oil filter. A good mechanic will give you good advice. Who knows, the dealership may even do this for you?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-19-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't own a brand of car if I thought it needed to be serviced at a dealership. I've owned cheap cars like a 1990 Ford Festiva ($5,300 brand new) for 14 years, & it never required any dealership service. My dad is one of those who likes going to dealerships for service, & because of that he owns GM vehicles. GM dealerships are close by, & that makes him happy. At his age, who cares? They seem to treat him well. There are many dealerships to pick from, & they want his business.

I guess you have to make a decision -

1. Sell a very affordable, reliable, & economical car.

2. Discuss this issue with your local service manager. Maybe get a 2nd & 3rd opinion from a couple others, and see if what they tell you is consistent. They may tell you what you want to hear or confirm what you want to hear, which I assume is an annual oil changes.

Given your warranty will expire over time, not mileage, I would do my own thing. I realize some wouldn't be comfortable with that. My Mirage was delivered to me from a dealership 4 hours away. I am not driving 8 hours for service. My nearest dealership (65 miles away) are crooks. I don't say that loosely. They have been investigated recently by the Department of Transportation for wrong doings.

3. If I drove very low mileage/year, I would change my oil a minimum of once a year. I would use a good synthetic oil and quality oil filter. If I wasn't comfortable doing it myself, I would find a local mechanic shop that would do this for me. Personally, I think any synthetic oil would be fine, but I would ask for quality oil filter. A good mechanic will give you good advice. Who knows, the dealership may even do this for you?
    I am inclined to delay the first oil change with dealership approval. After that, I will play things by ear depending on circumstances. I suspect I will end up doing an oil change & tire rotation once a year, near winter.