Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: It's Gawn

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    It's still about getting another car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    DS, let me know if it happens for you, I have my VW, but the Queen wants a convertible. I don't want to bid against a member, so if you don't like what you see, fill me in... I may have to follow up...
    The '68 Dodge sold.

Too bad, the car spoke to me for some reason.

I talked to some of the old guys at work about the Dodge Monaco yesterday. So the price was good.. if the car was good. 383s are reliable engines. Go like stink apparently.

Step on the gas hard, and the fuel gauge goes down literally. Anyway that Mid-century modern stuff is expensive, so it was the right classic car... just if and big if it was in great shape, like the seller said it was.

Would of been a sweet ride, I hope the buyer doesn't customize it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

From my experience, buying cars is very rarely a money making venture. If you want a hobby, that's one thing but don't spend your retirement fund on it expecting to double your investment. But keep your eyes open for split window corvettes and yenko camaros for cheap.

If that dodge was at a car dealer then it was probably overpriced so consider yourself lucky. They don't usually tend to sell things for less than they're worth.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-26-2020),itschad (05-26-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    The '68 Dodge sold.

Too bad, the car spoke to me for some reason.
    That would have been a sweet ride,, I've always had a spot in my heart for old Mopars, as I remember riding in the family's 1965 Chrysler Windsor as I was young. The dash is something that is a work of art.... https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...AAAAB0AAAAAEAY
    Roger

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-27-2020)