Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Gawn

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Years ago most interior lighting was green. Yes the later MB's have blue lighting, a sanatorium therapy colour, not for me.
    Orange is a pleasant colour for sure. Soft on the eyes. Blue can be cold. Hard to know when you test drive any car.

I might take a look at this car soon:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ble/1501099245

Name:  1968 monaco 500 wyoming.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  99.5 KB

Pretty sure it's a Canadian-only model Dodge (to an extent) and possible made-in-Ontario as well.

Last edited by dspace9; 05-22-2020 at 09:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Looks like similar to what would be a '65-'68 Polara convertible in the US. My grandfather had a 1966 hardtop and I remember that car had a really nice interior and the dash was fancy compared to some of the other cars of that era. Great looking collectible.
    Last edited by inuvik; 05-23-2020 at 01:43 AM. Reason: additional info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-23-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Orange is a pleasant colour for sure. Soft on the eyes. Blue can be cold. Hard to know when you test drive any car.

I might take a look at this car soon:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...ble/1501099245

Name:  1968 monaco 500 wyoming.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  99.5 KB

Pretty sure it's a Canadian-only model Dodge (to an extent) and possible made-in-Ontario as well.
    That's an interesting car there ds. It looks like it'll need a few shekels to sort it out, can't believe how reasonably priced it is, over here 50's & 60's cars cost an absolute mint.
    Friend, if you chase it then I wish you well with it and wish you all the luck.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

6. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-23-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's an interesting car there ds. It looks like it'll need a few shekels to sort it out, can't believe how reasonably priced it is, over here 50's & 60's cars cost an absolute mint.
    Friend, if you chase it then I wish you well with it and wish you all the luck.
    I thought you might find this interesting. I just contacted the dealer.

It's a very local car. I want to know how the body is, if the power roof works, etc. They say the Dodge runs and drives good. 10 minute drive home.

Go figure, might be worth the investment. Trunk big enough to sleep in. Hood needs work, my friend can paint the car.

My thinking is classic cars that are convertibles tend to outlast others because they never see the winter. Exceptions of course!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-23-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    I thought you might find this interesting. I just contacted the dealer.

It's a very local car. I want to know how the body is, if the power roof works, etc. They say the Dodge runs and drives good. 10 minute drive home.

Go figure, might be worth the investment. Trunk big enough to sleep in. Hood needs work, my friend can paint the car.

My thinking is classic cars that are convertibles tend to outlast others because they never see the winter. Exceptions of course!
    Well to me, at that price, it's a no brainer, spend a bit of wedge on it and providing it has none of that dreaded rust stuff it'll be a diamond, definitely a keeper.
    Let us know.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Well to me, at that price, it's a no brainer, spend a bit of wedge on it and providing it has none of that dreaded rust stuff it'll be a diamond, definitely a keeper.
    Let us know.
    I'm looking at the car at the end of the week. I asked him what is the shape of the car, and is the roof power roof? This is his response:

"Body is in good shape as is the frame and floors. The roof is power but I think the motors need some attention as they are weak"

Seems like a good classic car investment. It's not a Barracuda or Challenger. So less money being less desirable collectable. Looks like it could look great though. 383 V8. I have to see the car, bring a flashlight and really look under the car and see if he is for real. From the photos, looks like the dude has many ongoing projects.

I like the Canadian connection to the car, I think some of the chrome on the side and rear lights is only on the Canadian models.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I spy a Dodge Daytona in the background. DodgeAriesK ought to appreciate that number. Disappearing headlights and all that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I spy a Dodge Daytona in the background. DodgeAriesK ought to appreciate that number. Disappearing headlights and all that.
    Must be a Mopar man. I think the blue car that is sticking out of that shed is a Dodge Shadow cabrio. So, that's 3 Dodges, and a scarface Porsche 944. Might be getting rid of stuff.

I'm car crazy so I talk to lots of people about their cars in days gone by, and I know one person who had a Daytona. Drives an Echo now, 2 door.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm looking at the car at the end of the week. I asked him what is the shape of the car, and is the roof power roof?
    DS, let me know if it happens for you, I have my VW, but the Queen wants a convertible. I don't want to bid against a member, so if you don't like what you see, fill me in... I may have to follow up...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-24-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sounds good.