Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Nice Feature

  1. #1
    Senior Member mitsumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    972
    Thanks
    582
    Thanked 358 Times in 218 Posts

    Cool Nice Feature



    Nice!


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 26.3 mpg (US) ... 11.2 km/L ... 8.9 L/100 km ... 31.6 mpg (Imp)


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

    dspace9 (05-22-2020)

  3. #2
    Senior Member dspace9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 283 Times in 239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsumi View Post

    Nice!
    Very futuristic. I'm just not much for remote starters.

    Personally, when I start my Mirage, or any other car, or work truck, I like to always turn the key and the other hand is on the wheel. Cool post however! Cheers from Canada

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

    MirageRally (05-23-2020)

  5. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Richland Center
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,831
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 873 Times in 706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Very futuristic. I'm just not much for remote starters.

    Personally, when I start my Mirage, or any other car, or work truck, I like to always turn the key and the other hand is on the wheel. Cool post however! Cheers from Canada
    I sort of feel the same way. I just don't see a need or reason to ever start my car without being in it.

    I do like my TV remote, however!

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

    dspace9 (05-22-2020)

  7. #4
    Senior Member dspace9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 283 Times in 239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I sort of feel the same way. I just don't see a need or reason to ever start my car without being in it.

    I do like my TV remote, however!
    I agree, TV remote is essential. I had an old black and white TV in the old bonair trailer back in the 80s, with the rotary channel dial. Took forever, but we had 2 channels on a good day. I saw the Olympics on it.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)


  8. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Richland Center
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,831
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 873 Times in 706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I agree, TV remote is essential. I had an old black and white TV in the old bonair trailer back in the 80s, with the rotary channel dial. Took forever, but we had 2 channels on a good day. I saw the Olympics on it.
    I remember when getting a Zenith color TV was a big deal! I even remember one of the first things we watched on that TV - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_..._Via_Satellite

  9. #6
    Senior Member dspace9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanks
    955
    Thanked 283 Times in 239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I remember when getting a Zenith color TV was a big deal! I even remember one of the first things we watched on that TV - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_..._Via_Satellite
    Aloha from Hawaii, good one. That would have been a big deal to see on TV via satellite. Elvis was a strange guy. Long story short, I heard some stories from someone in the know, my older musician friend. What a talent though, when you got him in the moment, nobody else like Elvis.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 214 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 39.8 mpg (US) ... 16.9 km/L ... 5.9 L/100 km ... 47.8 mpg (Imp)


  10. #7
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    8,032
    Thanks
    3,600
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 1,564 Posts
    I nominate this for thread hijack of the day.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)


  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

    inuvik (05-22-2020)

  12. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Richland Center
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,831
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 873 Times in 706 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I nominate this for thread hijack of the day.
    I was going for hijack of the week!

    I apologize to mitsumi. Starting your car with your watch is cool! I doubt that I can pull that off with my $30 Timex, however.


    Last edited by Mark; 05-23-2020 at 03:02 AM.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

    MirageRally (05-23-2020)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •