Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little oops... anyone got a purple rear bumper cover?

Found it on car-part.com .

I forgot about one 15' that was rear ended, it didn't look bad. I pulled the spare out and the some of the glued together body seams at the rear inside of the car were all cracked up. Quote was well over $3000 to fix.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spork View Post
    HELLO WONDERFUL MIRAGE PEOPLE.

Unfortunately, I was involved in my very first moving vehicle collision recently. :'( Thankfully, the offenders insurance is paying for it, but the cheapo in me thinks paying over $1000 for a new painted bumper to be installed is crazy! I could buy a whole 'nother Geo Metro for that! 😂

I really want this fixed though, since this is probably the only brand new car I'll ever buy and it's important to me. I tried searching for a "plasma purple" bumper in nearby junkyards, but couldn't find anything. I'd prefer to examine it and pull it myself so I could ensure it's good. I heard the bumper covers are not too bad to remove? I'll probably just end up going to the body shop, but just checking here first.

Also. Do y'all think the bumper is damaged underneath? It was a pretty light hit, but it cracked the plastic.

Attachment 18083
    Also, would be a good idea to buy an affordable dash cam if someone hasn't said already. When my saturn got into an accident, my dashcam backed me up...l always drive with a dashcam now and it acts as a second pair of eyes so if someone bumps into my car, l can prove it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Also, would be a good idea to buy an affordable dash cam if someone hasn't said already. When my saturn got into an accident, my dashcam backed me up...l always drive with a dashcam now and it acts as a second pair of eyes so if someone bumps into my car, l can prove it.
    Oh yes!! I had one for the front, but this accident finally pushed me to get a new dual dashcam setup! I'm lucky the person who hit me stayed around, but next time they may not. Dashcams are so affordable now, I'm surprised more people don't utilize them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.3 mpg (US) ... 20.5 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spork For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-02-2020),MirageRally (06-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hope you find a nice bumper for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by spork
    Dashcams are so affordable now, I'm surprised more people don't utilize them.
    My take is footage could be used against me, and I don't wish to assist in the creation of a surveillance state. Ephemeral things should remain passing events. The concept of recording anything and everything kinda scares me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MacClyver For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Hope you find a nice bumper for cheap.

My take is footage could be used against me, and I don't wish to assist in the creation of a surveillance state. Ephemeral things should remain passing events. The concept of recording anything and everything kinda scares me.
    True but then it's he said she said...l bought a Vantop H610 Dual Dashcam and it wasn't cheap, but it has night time and crash clip protection so if somebody hits me, the camera stores the clip so l don't have to go looking for it...plus there are a lot of Deer where l live in Mentor and again, having an extra set of eyes helps a lot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spork View Post
    Oh yes!! I had one for the front, but this accident finally pushed me to get a new dual dashcam setup! I'm lucky the person who hit me stayed around, but next time they may not. Dashcams are so affordable now, I'm surprised more people don't utilize them.
    When the person bumped into my saturn, they wrote down a name and number to call them and when l took it to the officer to make a police report he told me they could have given me a fake name and then l would've been screwed...he told me next time if something happens and you don't have a dashcam, just take a picture of the persons plate with your phone if you can safety...like you said, they thankfully stuck around but they also could've left...Also, if need be find a unpainted bumper or different color and try to color match it. l'm sure your painting skillz are better than mine...when l painted my grille on my Mirage l stupidly put it inside to dry overnight and guess where l grabbed it...yeah now it has a big fingerprint in the top of the grille and l don't feel like taking everything back off again to fix it.

Yeah, it'd be easy for someone to hit a parked car and leave a fake note in case there are witnesses. Just remember if you have a dash cam and you do something stupid where you're at fault hide it before anyone sees it lol.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, it'd be easy for someone to hit a parked car and leave a fake note in case there are witnesses. Just remember if you have a dash cam and you do something stupid where you're at fault hide it before anyone sees it lol.
    lol, l am in the process of getting another battery to fit to my dashcam so it can be on when l leave the vehicle...l would mount the battery under the passenger seat...a little diy work...then when needed l would charge the extra battery when it depletes.

The one I have can be set to motion detection. Just stays in standby mode til something moves. If don't let your car sit for a week or two at a time and the battery is in good shape I'd wouldn't bother with extra battery's. But I have extra battery's and vehicles to drive or boost from and not everyone has that option.

If you were to run an extra battery just run an isolator so that it charges when the car is running and disconnects it from the car when it's not running. Here's a link to a powerfister one https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...or/A-p8235673e
    Mirage videos:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The one I have can be set to motion detection. Just stays in standby mode til something moves. If don't let your car sit for a week or two at a time and the battery is in good shape I'd wouldn't bother with extra battery's. But I have extra battery's and vehicles to drive or boost from and not everyone has that option.

If you were to run an extra battery just run an isolator so that it charges when the car is running and disconnects it from the car when it's not running. Here's a link to a powerfister one https://www.princessauto.com/en/deta...or/A-p8235673e
    Cool, thanks.