Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage Manual Fun

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool Mirage Manual Fun

I understand the CVT version is good on gas, but man-driving home on some back roads at night was really fun. l will probs get 21mpg from my hoonigan driving but the Mirage is not slow at all and you don't have to bang through the gears to do it. l was shifting at 4,000rpm from each gear and got to 60mph pretty quick...not hellcat quick lol...but quick enough...plus rev-matching on twisty roads and listening to the Foreigner Band is such a pleasant experience. l also need to stop listening to music like Lazerhawk as their music makes my heart race and drive just a tad crazy

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    I understand the CVT version is good on gas, but man-driving home on some back roads at night was really fun. l will probs get 21mpg from my hoonigan driving but the Mirage is not slow at all and you don't have to bang through the gears to do it. l was shifting at 4,000rpm from each gear and got to 60mph pretty quick...not hellcat quick lol...but quick enough...plus rev-matching on twisty roads and listening to the Foreigner Band is such a pleasant experience. l also need to stop listening to music like Lazerhawk as their music makes my heart race and drive just a tad crazy
    I haven't seen any real numbers that shows a CVT does better than the manual on gas.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I haven't seen any real numbers that shows a CVT does better than the manual on gas.
    lnteresting, here in Mentor-everyone goes 60mph in a 40 so for me l can't slowly go up to speed...if l were to go the freeway l would get 45mpg but l get 21-26mpg in the city :/

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    lnteresting, here in Mentor-everyone goes 60mph in a 40 so for me l can't slowly go up to speed...if l were to go the freeway l would get 45mpg but l get 21-26mpg in the city :/
    Glad you get 45 mpg highway, not sure why so low in the city... I have only driven my Mirage in "true urban" areas a few times. Mostly rural and suburban and small cities for me. Seems like you should get better mileage than 25 in the city.

The Mirage manual is fun to drive though eh? Handles well, and the manual suits this sort of car. Go cart like. Drives smooth on the highway.. Canadian car so I got 4.6 L/100 km's yesterday. I have no cruise control. So over 50 MPG

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Glad you get 45 mpg highway, not sure why so low in the city... I have only driven my Mirage in "true urban" areas a few times. Mostly rural and suburban and small cities for me. Seems like you should get better mileage than 25 in the city.

The Mirage manual is fun to drive though eh? Handles well, and the manual suits this sort of car. Go cart like. Drives smooth on the highway.. Canadian car so I got 4.6 L/100 km's yesterday. I have no cruise control. So over 50 MPG
    Wish l had the 1L instead of 1.2L, still not sure why l'm getting 21, pounding it around l usually get 30mpg? lt's very Go cart like and l love it...like a "Rally" car...hence my name lol-if l rallied l would go straight off the course or flip over

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wish l had the 1L instead of 1.2L, still not sure why l'm getting 21, pounding it around l usually get 30mpg? lt's very Go cart like and l love it...like a "Rally" car...hence my name lol-if l rallied l would go straight off the course or flip over
    I average around 42-43 mpg when I fill up in the winter, & about 45-48 in the summer. If I didn't get 40+ mpg year round, I would sell the car & drive something else. My last tank was 46.7 mpg.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I average around 42-43 mpg when I fill up in the winter, & about 45-48 in the summer. If I didn't get 40+ mpg year round, I would sell the car & drive something else. My last tank was 46.7 mpg.
    After this car l'm looking at a 2012-15 Kia Rio Hatchback Auto Eco...as a second car...only problem is all the kia cars l wanted used were under recall for engine failure...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    After this car l'm looking at a 2012-15 Kia Rio Hatchback Auto Eco...as a second car...only problem is all the kia cars l wanted used were under recall for engine failure...
    That recall is huge. I normally like KIA, but that would make me look at something else. I bought a new Mirage so I wouldn't have to buy anything else for the next 10-15 years.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-24-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That recall is huge. I normally like KIA, but that would make me look at something else. I bought a new Mirage so I wouldn't have to buy anything else for the next 10-15 years.
    yeah, l really like Kia but with the whole recall is pretty crazy about their engines...all Brands have problems, even Toyota had a bad batch of engines...but Kia really needs to step up their game if they want to catch up to Toyota, they might not...like you said, l too bought my Mirage for fuel efficiency....lf l need to get good mpg l will take the freeway, but in the city-l am not getting the miles l would like...next fillup l will drive slower and see if l can get better mpg.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    yeah, l really like Kia but with the whole recall is pretty crazy about their engines...all Brands have problems, even Toyota had a bad batch of engines...but Kia really needs to step up their game if they want to catch up to Toyota, they might not...like you said, l too bought my Mirage for fuel efficiency....lf l need to get good mpg l will take the freeway, but in the city-l am not getting the miles l would like...next fillup l will drive slower and see if l can get better mpg.
    I think your lower MPGs is your driving style MirageRally, not being negative. Just if you drive the Mirage with fuel efficiency in mind, and slow down, you're going to get better fuel economy. Revving it up and driving all out is fun but drinks gas.

Be easy on the car and you will get 40+ MPG for 10-15 years like Mark says. I have been driving my Mirage over 6+ years from new, and always get over 40 MPG.

Look at it this way. I drive my Mirage for a commuter to get to and from work. I don't want to spend any extra money going to work. I have been looking at some used classic cars lately, and I never expect 40 MPG. But every day driver ...and it adds up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-24-2020)