Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Days Now.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Yeah, we need more manual cars too
    I just don't do autos, give me a five or six speed manual. Driving heaven, you are in control.

Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I have my eye on a 2015 Golf TDI, 6-speed manual.

I've owned VWs in the past and they *always* had weird electrical problems of some sort... case and point the MK 4 Golf I had when I was a teenager promptly had it's entire wiring harness short out on my way to work one day.... thankfully it was under the 'certified used' warranty at the time.

Even with the sketchy history of VW electrics I'm tempted as they handle and ride so well, plus the bank vault build quality.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    My dear fellow, you folks drive on the right which is wrong. This is a fact, we've always drove on the left. One can only presume that in the American continent you're all dyslexic.

I've driven all over Europe (yuk) who drive on the wrong side of the road too, strange folks.
    If you wanted to swing your sword at on-coming vehicles, you do have the advantage over us (provided you are a right handed person). Not sure how men with swords riding on horses carried over to cars?

Personally I have driven manual for 40+ years, & I like the stick shift in my right hand. I don't own a sword, however.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-25-2020),MirageRally (05-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I just don't do autos, give me a five or six speed manual. Driving heaven, you are in control.
    Only 2% of cars sold in the US are manual...l understand what you're saying but it's getting harder and harder to find manual cars let alone buy them l was lucky with my 2020.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My dear fellow, you folks drive on the right which is wrong. This is a fact, we've always drove on the left. One can only presume that in the American continent you're all dyslexic.

I've driven all over Europe (yuk) who drive on the wrong side of the road too, strange folks.
    Guess it depends on how you're taught as well, l'm just used to it over here in the states, but if l traveled over to your neck of the woods, l'd be a wreck...quite literally lol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-25-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you wanted to swing your sword at on-coming vehicles, you do have the advantage over us (provided you are a right handed person). Not sure how men with swords riding on horses carried over to cars?

Personally I have driven manual for 40+ years, & I like the stick shift in my right hand. I don't own a sword, however.
    It must follow on from Roman chariots It was quite unnatural driving a left hooker in Italy, Greece Et Al but you just sort of get used to it.
    Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

Love it lol...it would be weird for me to shift with my left, but l would probs get used to it after awhile.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's a funny old life, innit.
    When I got the Mental Oriental Mirage I had a small problem inasmuch I kept getting the keys out of my pocket in readiness for unlocking and starting the car. Well 11 months on I have the Merc, and guess what?
    Now I go to the car and realise that I need the bloody key to unlock it then pocket the key only to be sat on the drivers perch expecting to push a button to start the thing, no chance, key required.
    The things we have to get used to.

The Merc is a far better drive (sorry Mirage owners) than the Mirage, I can scoot over speed bumps without fear of bodily damage.
    One downside is, compared to the Oriental Mental Mirage, it's somewhat difficult to maintain a steady in town speed limit as the interior is eerily quiet.
    Well, that's it for now.
    Haha I'm in the same boat now that I'm driving my Tundra daily. Has keyless entry but with the mirage I was used to just pushing button on door to unlock and also no push button start in the truck. Those were convenient features. I'll have to get used to not having them

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Haha I'm in the same boat now that I'm driving my Tundra daily. Has keyless entry but with the mirage I was used to just pushing button on door to unlock and also no push button start in the truck. Those were convenient features. I'll have to get used to not having them
    What made you buy the Tundra? l was looking at used Toyotas as a second car but they're too expensive...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    What made you buy the Tundra? l was looking at used Toyotas as a second car but they're too expensive...
    Since my Mirage is a summer/fall car l need something for the winter.