Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Five Days Now.

Country
    UK
    Thanks

Five Days Now.

It's a funny old life, innit.
    When I got the Mental Oriental Mirage I had a small problem inasmuch I kept getting the keys out of my pocket in readiness for unlocking and starting the car. Well 11 months on I have the Merc, and guess what?
    Now I go to the car and realise that I need the bloody key to unlock it then pocket the key only to be sat on the drivers perch expecting to push a button to start the thing, no chance, key required.
    The things we have to get used to.

The Merc is a far better drive (sorry Mirage owners) than the Mirage, I can scoot over speed bumps without fear of bodily damage.
    One downside is, compared to the Oriental Mental Mirage, it's somewhat difficult to maintain a steady in town speed limit as the interior is eerily quiet.
    Well, that's it for now.

Growing old is compulsory- Growing up is optional

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-25-2020),Pryme (05-25-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    The Merc is a far better drive (sorry Mirage owners) than the Mirage, I can scoot over speed bumps without fear of bodily damage.
    One downside is, compared to the Oriental Mental Mirage, it's somewhat difficult to maintain a steady in town speed limit as the interior is eerily quiet.
    Well, that's it for now.
    I'm not surprised the ride is way better. MB's are famous for complaint ride. Hard seats though, at least that is what people say.

Sorry for taking your other thread in other directions

How is the manual shifter operation? Pretty good?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Too bad North America doesn't get the full lineup of cars in other markets. Looks like a good, well-designed car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm not surprised the ride is way better. MB's are famous for complaint ride. Hard seats though, at least that is what people say.

Sorry for taking your other thread in other directions

How is the manual shifter operation? Pretty good?
    No problems ds.
    The seats are as hard as a sportsmans stiffy, as regards to sitting on those, well, not for this boy, if you get my drift). The manual is a dream (I just don't do auto's) with a positive throw.
    It's a car that you feel you don't need to rush along, got that with the Volvo's, C Class, Rover 75 and Audi.
    The MPG is no way near the Mirage and has less goodies too. It has questionable reliability according to the dreaded net, but time will tell.

I had the Pioneeer Apple Car Play/Android Auto unit removed from the Mirage and have arranged for it to be transplanted into the A Class which its I.C.E. system is pants.

Here is a BMW joke, have a giggle. They are considered here in the UK to a law unto themselves and have total disregard for road legalities.

What is the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? Porcupines have pricks on the outside.

Oh go on, here'another.

What's the difference between a BMW owner and a carp? One is a bottom-feeding, scum sucker, and the other is a fish.

Everbody, have a good day and please KEEP SAFE.
    Last edited by itschad; 05-25-2020 at 04:17 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (05-26-2020),dspace9 (05-25-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    It's a car that you feel you don't need to rush along, got that with the Volvo's, C Class, Rover 75 and Audi.
    I get what you mean. Mirage seems like you have to fight to get the power and speed, makes it more entertaining I guess.

I think every small car has its limits to their ride quality. One of the reasons why I'm looking at a summer cruiser.

New cars are not cheap. I had a Hyundai Venue in front of me on the weekend, and that is the most logical upgrade for me new-car-market wise.. if I want a stick-shift and under $20 grand.. it's just not worth it. Venue looks good, bigger than my grey Mirage hatchback. but we are talking 5% better here, 10% better there. If you can even put a number on it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-25-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Too bad North America doesn't get the full lineup of cars in other markets. Looks like a good, well-designed car.
    To be brutally honest Eggman most car manufacturers offer the full Monty in Europe (yuk) and GB. I believe there is still that stigma that US car drivers want a V8 with that glorious sound that it produces.
    In the UK people became very aware after the fuel crisis of the 70's and it seems to have stuck.
    I bought a 1.2 4 cylinder Fiat Punto years ago. We had to go down to Aldershot (Hampshire) as my niece passed out of the army, they needed to award the necessary awards so to support my niece we went down from Yorkshire,. Christ, was I worried, but it handled the journey very well. That alone convinced me that you don't need to haul around a large car to get there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Yeah, we need more manual cars too

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-25-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Yeah, we need more manual cars too
    I really miss Suzuki :/ They are great cars and l'd love a Suzuki Swift in a manual Like Eggman said we don't get as many cars as other countries do :/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No problems ds.
    The seats are as hard as a sportsmans stiffy, as regards to sitting on those, well, not for this boy, if you get my drift). The manual is a dream (I just don't do auto's) with a positive throw.
    The MPG is no way near the Mirage and has less goodies too. It has questionable reliability according to the dreaded net, but time will tell.

I had the Pioneeer Apple Car Play/Android Auto unit removed from the Mirage and have arranged for it to be transplanted into the A Class which its I.C.E. system is pants.

Here is a BMW joke, have a giggle. They are considered here in the UK to a law unto themselves and have total disregard for road legalities.

What is the difference between a BMW and a porcupine? Porcupines have pricks on the outside.

Oh go on, here'another.

What's the difference between a BMW owner and a carp? One is a bottom-feeding, scum sucker, and the other is a fish.

Everbody, have a good day and please KEEP SAFE.
    Ha love the jokes, How is driving on the other side of the vehicle feel? ln the states l drive on the left side and always wondered what it would be like to drive on the other.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MirageRally For This Useful Post:

itschad (05-25-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    Ha love the jokes, How is driving on the other side of the vehicle feel? ln the states l drive on the left side and always wondered what it would be like to drive on the other.
    My dear fellow, you folks drive on the right which is wrong. This is a fact, we've always drove on the left. One can only presume that in the American continent you're all dyslexic.

I've driven all over Europe (yuk) who drive on the wrong side of the road too, strange folks.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-25-2020)