Thread: Making and Editing a Post

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts

Making and Editing a Post

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I deleted my post accidentally. I'm trying to fix my typos ..endlessly..
    I frequently have this same problem.

Rather than delete your post for typographical and/or spelling errors, consider using the Preview Post feature of the forum. It shows what your post will look like without actually submitting it and allows editing to make it look the way you want before clicking on Submit Reply. It can be found by choosing Go Advanced in the Quick Reply dialog box.

When I use Quick Reply, I often find errors, incomplete communication, and poor & confusing phrasing. I'll wind up editing a post several times after posting to make sure I got it right. However at some point, the post will indicate that it was edited (see the bottom of this post for an example.)

I'm pretty sure all users can edit their own posts, and I can edit all posts as a moderator.

Another fun feature of the forum is the WYSIWYG mode, but that's another story.

If you have any questions, just let us know. Maybe there ought to be some threads just for using the forum software and BB code.

Edit: I made this a new thread of it's own to keep the original thread on track. If there's interest, we can cover other forum features.

Last edited by Eggman; 05-30-2020 at 12:25 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (05-31-2020),daleWV (05-30-2020),Top_Fuel (05-30-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

If you have any questions, just let us know. Maybe there ought to be some threads just for using the forum software and BB code.

Edit: I made this a new thread of it's own to keep the original thread on track. If there's interest, we can cover other forum features.
    I'll try the Preview post function next time. Actually I am using the feature just now. I see what you mean. For sure. Thanks Eggman.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I find it helpful to edit posts but sometimes it throws off folks reading and responding to it. For example, I'll add something that better explains what I'm trying to say after I've already submitted my post. Depending on how you use the forum, that can cause confusion.

I run into this especially on my phone where it's more work to make a post and (especially at work...) I don't (shouldn't!) have a lot of time to spend on the forum. But even on my phone I'll use the full forum and not the mobile version. Not sure how may forum members use the mobile version - I'm not used to it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-31-2020)