Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triumph's 2.3 L 3 cylinder beast, 0 to 60 mph in 2.4 sec

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Triumph's 2.3 L 3 cylinder beast, 0 to 60 mph in 2.4 sec

Any motorcycle fans here on the Forum will be interested in this 3 cylinder beast for sure. What a beautiful motorcycle that Triumph has made, with their new Rocket 3.

https://www.cycleworld.com/all-new-2...nced-for-2020/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Any motorcycle fans here on the Forum will be interested in this 3 cylinder beast for sure. What a beautiful motorcycle that Triumph has made, with their new Rocket 3.

https://www.cycleworld.com/all-new-2...nced-for-2020/
    With 165 horsepower moving 800 pounds plus rider, there is no reason it should be slow! Cool looking bike.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-31-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'll post a photo so everyone can see immediately. I've never seen anything like it myself, and it's a 3 cylinder.

Name:  800px-Black_Triumph_Rocket_3_R.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  100.9 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll post a photo so everyone can see immediately. I've never seen anything like it myself, and it's a 3 cylinder.

This is why l'm trying to get my motorcycle license

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    This is why l'm trying to get my motorcycle license
    I've thought about motorcycle license myself. My Dad had one, but has the scars and injury that came back 50 years later, so do give it lots of thought. This one is amazing though, might be the fastest new vehicle of 2020.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-31-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Triump has made 3-cylinders bikes for decades. Personally, this cycle doesn't look like that much fun to me. It's extremely long & probably quite heavy. It may be great for drag racing, but it not the type of cycle I would want to own. If I bought another cycle again, I would much rather have a nice 650 cc twin cylinder like the Suzuki V-Strom or Kawasaki Versys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triumph_Triple

I like riding cycles, but I also like having some type of windshield or fairing up front. It makes the ride so much more enjoyable, unless you like eating bugs at high speeds.

Adding more power than something really needs makes it boring to drive/ride in my opinion. Probably why I am drawn to small cars like the Mirage, too.

I had one of the early generation Versys, & I liked the simplicity of that bike. I especially liked the exhaust system. It was tucked in under the bike, and didn't fill up entire one side of the motorcycle.
    Last edited by Mark; 05-31-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've thought about motorcycle license myself. My Dad had one, but has the scars and injury that came back 50 years later, so do give it lots of thought. This one is amazing though, might be the fastest new vehicle of 2020.
    That's the one thing l think about...l just don't want to drive my motorcycle at night, come around a bend and the last thing l see is a deer....no protection...at least the mirage is much better...call me crazy but l absolutely love the body-roll and l like that l can get the back end out if l really wanted to.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The Suzuki bike that Mark mentions is $9199 (can) brand new on the Suzuki.ca website.
    https://www.suzuki.ca/en/2020-v-strom-650-abs-0

Looks like a good deal. I would think about dirt bikes before getting a road bike. In Holland, people have mopeds etc. but here in Canada electric bikes are only a thing now. Our roads aren't designed for e-bikes safely, so I hate to say it, I hate e-bikes.. anyway...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MirageRally View Post
    That's the one thing l think about...l just don't want to drive my motorcycle at night, come around a bend and the last thing l see is a deer....no protection...at least the mirage is much better...call me crazy but l absolutely love the body-roll and l like that l can get the back end out if l really wanted to.
    I bought my first cycle at age 16 (1977 Yamaha XS400). Got a good deal on a used one (400 miles) for $700. I sold it 5 years later for $700. It had kick start only with no battery on the cycle.

More recently, I sold my Kawasaki Versys the following spring after buying my Mirage. The fear of hitting a deer at night was the number one reason. I don't care what anyone says - riding a cycle in the cold or rain also sucks. I like riding cycle & miss having one at times. I wouldn't say that I would never buy another one, but I don't care for the large heavy bikes. That's why Can-Am Spyders and trikes have become more popular. Older guys (baby boomers) can hold up those large bike (like a Honda Goldwing) as well any more.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (05-31-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Suzuki bike that Mark mentions is $9199 (can) brand new on the Suzuki.ca website.
    https://www.suzuki.ca/en/2020-v-strom-650-abs-0

Looks like a good deal. I would think about dirt bikes before getting a road bike. In Holland, people have mopeds etc. but here in Canada electric bikes are only a thing now. Our roads aren't designed for e-bikes safely, so I hate to say it, I hate e-bikes.. anyway...
    I bought a 1981 Suzuki GS550 for $900 in 2004 and used it for 11 years. I sold it in 2015 for $900. Those old bikes had 4-cylinder engine, & they were very well built back then.

I paid about $3,600 for used 2009 Kawasaki Versys with about 6,000 miles on it. The 650 Versys has the Ninja engine in it. It was my first fuel ejected cycle, and it had a lot power for the engine size.

Finding a nice used bike is not hard in my area. I see no reason to waste money on a new one. Especially if you are learning to ride one for the first time.

Last edited by Mark; 05-31-2020 at 10:49 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-01-2020),MirageRally (05-31-2020)