Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear wiper replacement? Which is good

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Rear wiper replacement? Which is good

I recently ordered a bosch 12" rear wiper. The OEM ones from Mitsubishi seem to get chewed up after 1 winter.

What luck have other Mirage drivers had with rear wipers?

To install a new one looks pretty straight forward. Another thing to mention is that I ordered from Parts Avatar.com, out of Brampton Ontario. Great customer service so far!

https://www.paulstravelpictures.com/...ide/index.htmlName:  Mitsubishi-Mirage-Rear-Window-Wiper-Blade-Replacement-Guide-007.JPG
Views: 660
Size:  68.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I recently ordered a bosch 12" rear wiper. The OEM ones from Mitsubishi seem to get chewed up after 1 winter.

What luck have other Mirage drivers had with rear wipers?
    I am using a Trico 12-A, & it is designed to be an exact fit rear wiper.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...per+blade,8852

https://www.amazon.com/Trico-Exact-R.../dp/B001KS2PXQ
    Last edited by Mark; 06-06-2020 at 06:24 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-06-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The Bosch is usually reasonably priced, I bought one off of Amazon for around $10. I'm sure the Trico is good also, and it's a little cheaper. Bought a Mitsubishi OEM also, but I doubt it's much different than the aftermarket ones. I rarely use the rear wiper so they last a long time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tomrad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-06-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I've had Bosch for my front driver and passenger wipers since 2015. Not sure how they are lasting so long. I do think my 2 old bosch kinda streak more than a new pair of wipers would.

But still I'm super impressed with the rubber strip not tearing after five years. That's unheard of in the wiper world.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've had Bosch for my front driver and passenger wipers since 2015. Not sure how they are lasting so long. I do think my 2 old bosch kinda streak more than a new pair of wipers would.

But still I'm super impressed with the rubber strip not tearing after five years. That's unheard of in the wiper world.
    I don't use the rear wiper much myself, but it's nice to have when needed. It's not something that I am overly concerned about either. I bought the Trico 12-A, because it was in a Fleet Farm store at the time when I needed one. I knew it was an exact match as far as fit goes.

I tend to use Rockauto.com to find part numbers. The Bosch rear wiper is the BOSCH H307.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-H307-33.../dp/B00ES5Q610

If you have been happy with Bosch wipers, I would stick with them. I can confirm the Trico fits perfectly. I can't say the same for the Bosch, but it's what rockauto.com offers for a Mirage.
    Last edited by Mark; 06-06-2020 at 07:29 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-07-2020),dspace9 (06-06-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't use the rear wiper much myself, but it's nice to have when needed. It's not something that I am overly concerned about either. I bought the Trico 12-A, because it was in a Fleet Farm store at the time when I needed one. I knew it was an exact match as far as fit goes.

I tend to use Rockauto.com to find part numbers. The Bosch rear wiper is the BOSCH H307.

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-H307-33.../dp/B00ES5Q610

If you have been happy with Bosch wipers, I would stick with them. I can confirm the Trico fits perfectly. I can't say the same for the Bosch, but it's what rockauto.com offers for a Mirage.
    For sure, and I'll probably try Trico the next time. Thanks for the tip. I think I saw the Trico's for sale too on the parts store I bought my bosch from.

I'm starting to think I'm overusing my rear wiper. Mine now is ripped like 4 inches off. But I might try supergluing it once my bosch arrives in the mail.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For sure, and I'll probably try Trico the next time. Thanks for the tip. I think I saw the Trico's for sale too on the parts store I bought my bosch from.

I'm starting to think I'm overusing my rear wiper. Mine now is ripped like 4 inches off. But I might try supergluing it once my bosch arrives in the mail.
    I'll try the Bosch H307 next time, & we can compare notes some time!

As far as rear wipers go, it's easy to turn them on when they may be frozen down during the winter months. I think that's especially hard on them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-06-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    It rains around here. A LOT. So I go through wipers pretty quick. I replaced my rear wiper blade with an OEM Mitsubishi blade sometime last year, and it is already literally falling apart. The fronts were replaced a few months ago, and already need to be replaced again.

So I went to Rock Auto and ordered three Trico 12-A rear wiper blades, three Trico 15160 passenger side blades, and three Trico 15240 driver side blades. Total cost with shipping and tax was about $62, and they should be here Friday.

I will report back.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    So I went to Rock Auto and ordered three Trico 12-A rear wiper blades, three Trico 15160 passenger side blades, and three Trico 15240 driver side blades. Total cost with shipping and tax was about $62, and they should be here Friday.

I will report back.
    My new 12" bosch rear wiper came in the mail the last week. My new wiper works great, and fits perfect.

Time will tell if my new Bosch rear holds up better, however. Any other brand is worth a shot. The OEM Mitsubishi rear wiper is a waste of money, doesn't hold up at all and is embarrassing since they rip and hang there.

Anyways years ago same issue with my OEM fronts. They wore out BEFORE the first winter practically. Streaky wipers. So I went bosch, and they have held up for 5 years+ now. Anyway I felt after the storm in Ontario yesterday it was time to upgrade my bosch fronts, tears or not, because they are starting to streak.. any brand does eventually. Mitsubishi is normally high quality, but their wipers and weird smelling original wiper fluid is another thing to mention.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    i dont know about rear but for the front wipers just search ebay for "silicone wiper" and then sort by lowest price. Order from China you get 2 or 3 blades for less than $1 shipped. And then just use scissors to trim them to fit.

They are "good enough" I would say, get at least 1 year of life from them. 2 years of life if you clean them with alcohol and file them down with sandpaper every 3 months.

2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to fc321 For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-21-2020)