Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RE: Any Accountants on this forum who can shed some light on if it's a good field??

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Our degrees are in Computer Science.

There was absolutely no thought process involved in choosing my educational path. I'm pretty sure my high school guidance counselor thought I was crazy going to college. I took the path I did because my 2 older brothers had done it and were successful. So I figured I would go for it. Yes...that goes against every piece of career planning advice you will ever hear. Fortunately it worked out well for me.

I'm not crazy about what I do for a living. I sit at a desk all day when I would rather be working with my hands. But the reality is that I wouldn't have the financial security I enjoy today if I had chosen to follow my emotions instead of using my head. Some people are fortunate enough to be passionate about something and benefit financially from it. That's not always going to be the case. That is a balance you have to figure out. Like my father-in-law used to say... "If it was fun, they wouldn't call it work."
    I'm the same way...l love working on cars, but being a mechanic "you owe more than you make" which is why l'm also not excited for IT either as l am very friendly and kind...but sitting at a desk all day answering questions....not sure...l know that l'll figure it out soon. Plus the more classes l take, the narrower my field becomes for what degree...thanks for the feedback like l said before, in HS l only wanted to get out and ever since then, l felt l had so many choices that l could have gotten an early start on ,but if nothing else l'm going to remain positive and keep narrowing down my search

I don’t owe more than I make lol. I don’t have a $20,000 snap on box. All my tools could probably be replaced for a under $4000. I probably misunderstood you. I’ll write About this in my feeling journal later.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (06-13-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When l was going to school for Automotive, there weren't any dealerships that paid well plus the hours were inconsistent...Also overtime l realized that it was more a hobby for me than career. l now have a small toolset that l have that gets the job done, but when l was just out of HS l was niave and thought l needed all the snap-on tools when in reality l didn't.