Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Please Help choosing between Mirage and Versa Note! (UPDATE: got a Mirage)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The wheel looks like it might be plasti dipped in this pic? Attachment 18400 I wouldn't sweat it. Scuff and touch up then flog those wheels or keep em. Personally, I'd get rid of them and go with stock size tires and wheels for max economy. I bought mine to get excellent fuel mileage, if I only got 30mpg in the Mirage I'd buy something else nicer that get the same. But you have more hills than I do, my commute is pretty much flat so that is one big factor.
    The wheel definitely looks like it was coated in something cheap as it's starting to buckle and peel on all of them I'm going to do a highway trip in a few days to get a better mpg reading.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just stumbled on this thread. My other car, a 2020 Accent, blew the CVT transmission at 70K miles. Thankfully have a 100K mile warranty and Hyundai honored it. Anyway, I've heard Hyundai is having CVT issues as well. good luck!

Everyone is, to some degree.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trashman1962 View Post
    Just stumbled on this thread. My other car, a 2020 Accent, blew the CVT transmission at 70K miles. Thankfully have a 100K mile warranty and Hyundai honored it. Anyway, I've heard Hyundai is having CVT issues as well. good luck!
    Yeah Hyundai call their version the "IVT".

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trashman1962 View Post
    Just curious - Did your transmission receive any service prior to 70,000 miles?

I'm sort of sensing frequent CVT fluid changes (every 30,000 miles) is worthwhile.

It's good to hear that Hyundai is taking care of it for you!