Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Please Help choosing between Mirage and Versa Note! (UPDATE: got a Mirage)

PS - did you get a picture showing the entire car from the side? Would like to see the look with those wheels.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    It's already proven by the professionals on here, you take of the Mirage it takes care of you! You said another 60k miles and you'd be happy? That's a low expectation my friend. You should get at least another 100k out of it. And I agree the 2014/15s do look cooler in my book, more like a toy. Congrats and remember you got a basic sh!tbox but that means less stuff to break and you won't find a better support network for a vehicle than this forum. God bless.
    You are right, I couldn't find the right word to describe, they do look more like a toy, and I find it pretty cool

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    If you don't know for sure that any of those services included a transmission fluid change, I would consider having that done.
    Last recorded transmission fluid change was 38,000 miles. It's probably time to change the fluid soon. I will have the mechanic check when I bring it in for an inspection. Should I ask the shop if they specialize in CVTs before going?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Do you think the scratches kinda look like they were caused by the owner/operator running into something, as it they were all caused by the same event? Hard to tell from here.
    The scratch on the side mirror looks like the car was brushed against a wall. The paint crack in the front right bumper looks like a minor collision, probably from in and out of the parking. The long cut on the front passenger door is most likely from someone keying the car - it's a mildly deep cut, I don't think it can be covered up. I'll try to take some better photos of the damages.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    PS - did you get a picture showing the entire car from the side? Would like to see the look with those wheels.
    I didn't because the garage in my building is quite dark. These are the pics from the sale listing:

Name:  01414_hqhvqeKXRhL_0kE0fu_1200x900.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  97.3 KB
    Name:  01010_iqDLrei9Drm_0kE0fu_1200x900.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  97.6 KB

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to newtomit For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-26-2020),inuvik (06-19-2020),MetroMPG (06-26-2020),Top_Fuel (06-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    I didn't because the garage in my building is quite dark. These are the pics from the sale listing:
    That looks sharp right there.

Is it me or do those tires look taller than stock?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

My thoughts too. Almost looked lowered but it's got a lot of clearance under the rockers. Add some custom cardboard extended rocker moldings and you got yourself a race car!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts

They definitely look wider (or different rim offset). If he shares what tire size they are, we can surely tell if they are taller, too. They appear to be lower profile than factory stock tires to me.

Regardless, your Mirage looks sharp to me! I like the all black rim look myself.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Are we talking about the outer diameter? If so, it should be 23”. Disclaimer: I was out with my dog and didn’t bring a tape measure so I used the app on my phone. Not sure how accurate it is, but I did it 3 times so maybe 98% accurate?

I thought the tires looked different than the ones I’d seen prior. They’re not as thick. Is this a bad thing?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For the seats, find a local junkyard with a 2017 up Mirage and buy the seats and swap them into your car. You'll be a lot happier than the basic DE seats... I couldn't stand them in my DE so I swapped them out in the first week or two of owning it. I got lucky and found a set from a low mileage wrecked GT so they have seat heaters, too.

Also, in my experience (and confirmed by two different Mitsu dealers to me on their experience) the cars with the automatic climate control have better air conditioner performance than the ones with the knobs. So you should be good there.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...