Thread: Is there a metal filter/strainer inside the CVT fluid pan of 14/15 model year Mirages

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Is there a metal filter/strainer inside the CVT fluid pan of 14/15 model year Mirages

For those who've already done a CVT fluid and filter service on a 2014 or 2015 Mirage, is there a metal filter/strainer inside the pan? I did an internet parts search and it seems there isn't one for these model years. Please advise as I'm about to do this service on a 2015 and would like to know if I will need an o-ring or not. Thanks.

Yes there is a metal strainer filter. I'm sure the filters I've used from the mitsu stealership usually came with the oring?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

thx1138guy (06-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks Fummins. I appreciate the quick reply.

It's odd that two Mitsubishi online parts sellers (U.S.) don't show this for the 14/15. However, internet parts search results are flaky sometimes I've found.

I had trouble getting one from the dealer. Twice. I had to argue with the "parts person" for a while before they'd even look it up. They insist that they don't have one. Last time I told them I bought them there last time, look up past purchases for my work. Some find them at Nissan or Chev dealers for cheaper. You'd have to search around for the part numbers.
    Looks like this https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ic,filter,8600

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

thx1138guy (06-16-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome! Thanks for the info.