Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pulse center brake light - aftermarket / ETACS discussion

Lmao Attachment 18356

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (06-19-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Gosh that would stink to pay extra for an unwanted device only to have it break. Again, I'm glad my dealer didn't make me pay extra for that.
    I am speculating about the wiring. It may not been connected to that at all. A Pulse charge doesn't appear anywhere on my paperwork. Yet, my Mirage has it. If I was taken, they must have slipped it past me.

Pryme bought two 2017 Mirage SE manuals from White Bear, & his cars didn't have Pulse added. 2017 ES manuals were $9,000 & a 2017 SE manuals would have been $9,800 at White Bear. If you qualified for any of the special rebates, these cars were even less money ($500-1,500 less).

I must admit that I didn't pick up on the affordability of the Mirage from professional car critics or this forum. It was new cars for under $10,000 @ White Bear that first brought my attention to the Mirage.

If you don't want Pulse, you may want to avoid White Bear Mitsubishi. Hopefully, we can all agree on that!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    Good golly do they pay you by the post, the hour, or the sale? I promise I will keep them in mind with my next automotive purchase!
    Sorry, if I come across that way. I was very disgusted & turned off with the more local Mitsubishi dealerships when I became interested in the Mirage.

That’s ok. I’ve yet to walk out of a dealership without puke in my mouth. I hate all dealers equally. They’re a necessary evil. I’d rather buy direct from the mfg. eff the middle man. Same with realtors. Wtf are they good for?

Ps happy Father’s Day!
    And stay off my lawn!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (01-16-2022),Mirageman38 (06-22-2020),mohammad (12-11-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That’s ok. I’ve yet to walk out of a dealership without puke in my mouth. I hate all dealers equally. They’re a necessary evil. I’d rather buy direct from the mfg. eff the middle man. Same with realtors. Wtf are they good for?

Ps happy Father’s Day!
    And stay off my lawn!
    That may be why the experience was different for me, too. I never walked into or out the dealership when buying my Mirage. I never even spoke with a salesman. I just bought the car directly through the manager of the dealership over the phone.

I suppose car salesmen & realtors have to make a living, too! The cream of the crop, however, are divorce attorneys. At least with the first two, you end up with a car or a house. The third one just leaves you with a large bill to pay.

With that said - Happy Father's Day to all the dads on the forum! There's more to life than cars, houses, and other toys!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (11-20-2021),Fummins (06-21-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

Arent you just describing teslas business model? and the econo**** car of the future KANDI motors?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Arent you just describing teslas business model? and the econo**** car of the future KANDI motors?
    Fummins seems to be AWOL these days?

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Pulse would be more useful if it lit up upon sensing forward deceleration, economic drivers will shun the brake whenever possible and this can catch out drivers who are auditioning for the movie SPEED

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    Pulse would be more useful if it lit up upon sensing forward deceleration, economic drivers will shun the brake whenever possible and this can catch out drivers who are auditioning for the movie SPEED
    This actually reminded me of something very funny, some electric cars will regeneratively brake without the use of the brake pedal and without the use of the brake lights, this is sort of similar to using the b mode in our mirage.

Heres a funny complaint made to the government about the system.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-01-14 at 11.03.45 PM.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  119.8 KB

photo taken from: https://www.nhtsa.gov/vehicle/2018/N...FWD#complaints
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm pretty surprised I've never been rear ended, I engine brake a lot, I've looked into buying one of those deceleration lights for motorbikes but it never seems like an easy solution.

I was even considering putting a mercury switch somewhere inline with the brake switch but I couldn't work out a good way

I'm looking forward to never really having to brake when good electric cars hit the second hand market