Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cabin air filters @ rockauto.com

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts

cabin air filters @ rockauto.com

When shopping for 2014-20 Mirage cabin air filters, I found rockauto.com doesn't list the exact same number of options for each model year. This makes no sense to me! This was today's (June 19, 2020) search.

2020 Mirage - one $14.15 AC Delco CF3349C cabin air filter shown. That's it!

2019 Mirage - four filter options shown, cheapest being a $14.03 AC Delco CF3390.

2018 Mirage - six filter options shown, cheapest being a $2.75 Ultra-Power WP10125.

2017 Mirage - five filter options shown, cheapest being a $3.86 UAC FL1338C.

2015 Mirage - same as 2018 above.

2014 Mirage - same as 2018 above.

It wouldn't be unusual for anyone to change a cabin air filter in a 2014-20 Mirage.

It doesn't make sense to say a $2.75 cabin air filter is in stock for a 2014, 2015, & 2018 Mirages, but not the 2017, 2019, 2020 Mirages. They all take the same cabin air filters.

Just something you may want to take note of when shopping for cabin air filters I guess.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

precisionxt (06-19-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    I think the new year comes around and they never update the old selection.

As for that $2.75 Ultra-Power one it concerns me when it says "This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer, and birth defects or other reproductive harm. " I don't need cancer causing chemicals added to the air by the filter
    Yeah but it only causes cancer in California so I'm good. I haven't heard of anyone making organic filters from spider webs yet. Patent pending...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah but it only causes cancer in California so I'm good. I haven't heard of anyone making organic filters from spider webs yet. Patent pending...
    I'm with Fummins on this one! I don't see myself driving my Mirage in California any time soon. Thus, I don't mind cheap cabin air filters. If I do take a trip to California some day, I will change over to a $14+ cabin air filter beforehand.

By the way - the most expensive Hastings cabin air filer has this posted -

Attention California Customers - Warning: These products can expose you to chemicals, including Diisononyl Phthalate, Carbon black extracts, Nickel, 1,3 Butadiene, Ehylene Oxide, Epichlorohydrin, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol-A, Ethylene Glycol, Ethylene Oxide, 1,3 Butadiene, Epichlorohydrin, which are known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I'm with Fummins on this one! I don't see myself driving my Mirage in California any time soon. Thus, I don't mind cheap cabin air filters. If I do take a trip to California some day, I will change over to a $14+ cabin air filter beforehand.

By the way - the most expensive Hastings cabin air filer has this posted -

Attention California Customers - Warning: These products can expose you to chemicals, including Diisononyl Phthalate, Carbon black extracts, Nickel, 1,3 Butadiene, Ehylene Oxide, Epichlorohydrin, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and Bisphenol-A, Ethylene Glycol, Ethylene Oxide, 1,3 Butadiene, Epichlorohydrin, which are known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
    Pretty good price on those filters. Don't let the California Prop 65 bullsh!t scare you...it can also be found on clothing like bikinis!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Pretty good price on those filters. Don't let the California Prop 65 bullsh!t scare you...it can also be found on clothing like bikinis!
    My guess is all cabin air filters will have that silly California warning. It doesn't matter if it's a $3 cabin air filter or a $15 one.

The Mirage cabin air filter is pretty flimsy & small compared to other vehicles. In some ways, they seem overpriced compared to vehicles with more substantial cabin air filters. I am more inclined to go with a cheap cabin air filter & check/change it more frequently.

My point - If you own a newer Mirage (2019-20), you may want to check what is available on-line with earlier model Mirages that use the same cabin air filter. This is not an item that I feel is worth paying 4-5 times more for. Whether you use a $3-4 cabin air filter or a $10-15 one, I highly doubt anyone in your car will notice the difference.

As far as rockauto.com goes, they should do a better job with this. There's no excuse for this - all model years should show the same cabin air filter options. If you are an on-line vendors, it's your job to update your information. Rockauto.com prices aren't always that great after shipping is added. Thus, it still pays to shop around.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They are only 1.53 each on AliExpress:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...c003sjvql&mp=1

I order 4 at a time.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post

I order 4 at a time.
    Makes the $14.99 & $21.99 STP cabin air filters @ AutoZone look a little overpriced. I do believe this is one item you can go cheap on. Thanks for sharing! $1.53 with low shipping cost is a great deal. Makes one wonder how much it cost to make an item like this?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've never used Ali Express, but maybe I should start. I used partsgeek. As for cancer, you might have to eat them, or lick them, or rub them on your skin for a long time for that disadvantage to come true.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Im starting to consider the idea of cutting away the outer border of a used filter and staple a few over-lapping coffee filters. This should kept the debris out but it wont help with the foul smells. But you can prevent "stinking" a/c vents by remembering to turn off the snowflake (on the air conditioner) a few blocks away from home and let the vents dry out with dry air. Its the wet droplets left behind in the a/c vents that grows the mold and bacteria that is responsible for the foul smells.

Actually if we are just looking for a "screen" then maybe a combination of window screen + coffee filter? Or how about a piece of cotton T-shirt?
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post

I order 4 at a time.
    I've ordered cabin filter replacements from AliExpress also. No issues, just takes awhile sometimes.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)