Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbie Questions!

Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Thank you!

I believe you about seeing rats carrying pizza! Rats are basically NY residents that don't pay rent - you see them at least once a day. I used to be skittish of rats before, but living in NY definitely made me overcome that by a lot!
    Wth, I've never seen a rat in my life. They're supposedly non existent in Alberta. I've never seen cockroaches either mind you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post

You might also want to stick your head under the rear of the car and look at the inside of your rear tires. Are they rubbing (or very close to) the shock absorbers...
    I took a look and they didn't look like very close to the absorbers, but what do I know... I took some pics tho. I also noticed that the inside of the tires seem dirtier than the outside, is that a norma thing?
    Name:  0-1.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  96.9 KB
    Name:  0-2.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  88.4 KB

Also a new discovery, as I was checking the tires, I noticed some new peeling on the right rear and a front left rim
    Name:  0.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  89.5 KB

I don't know if someone painted over the original rims or if that's the original color coming off, but the silver part underneath looks very beat up, which leads me to think possibly the dealership painted over them to hide the damages. If that's the case, I'm going to be very upset that they played me

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    ...I noticed some new peeling on the right rear and a front left rim
    ...don't know if someone painted over the original rims or if that's the original color coming off, but the silver part underneath looks very beat up...
    I'm guessing that's just the original coating coming off exposing the raw aluminum underneath. Someone probably got those wheels/tires at a discount tire place because they were an inexpensive package deal.

It doesn't look like the tire is rubbing anything on the inside...so that's good. Sooner or later maybe we'll figure out what the exact size/offset of those wheels is. You're a good tester for the rest of the forum for 17" wheels. Very few people are running those on a Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Wth, I've never seen a rat in my life. They're supposedly non existent in Alberta. I've never seen cockroaches either mind you.
    That's because your pests are ones that can kill you lol. Bears, wolves, mountain lions, etc.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm sure there is a rat living in an old chicken barn somewhere in southern Alberta.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    In Atlanta arts aren't a huge problem but our cockroaches are called palmetto bugs and are huge, like Jurassic park huge and they are everywhere. I had one land on my tv remote one time. It changed the channel!

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-01-2020),dspace9 (06-26-2020),Fummins (06-26-2020),inuvik (06-26-2020)

Bears are fun. Saw a young black bear quading earlier this month Attachment 18399

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    In Atlanta arts aren't a huge problem but our cockroaches are called palmetto bugs and are huge, like Jurassic park huge and they are everywhere. I had one land on my tv remote one time. It changed the channel!
    I went to Atlanta (through Atlanta besides 1 mcdonald's) when I was a kid... driving to Florida on I75. I have been on I75 from top to bottom. The highlight of the South for me and my sisters was always catching lizards that seemed to be everywhere, or the time I found a scorpion at the walt disney world campground.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm sure there is a rat living in an old chicken barn somewhere in southern Alberta.
    Living in a seaport city founded in 1750, you can better darn believe there are *so many* rats.

They're pretty harmless for the most part... as there are poison traps hidden everywhere and they're usually kept in check.

That being said, we've been going on a building boom as of late and raising the old buildings has been a fun time.

It's not uncommon for me to be out for a run / walk at night and see a rat just walking along a curb like it aint no thing, they leave you alone and keep to themselves.

As for Cockroaches, I've seem them... but they're quite small here, maybe at most 2 cm (German Cockroaches).
    Last edited by javensbukan; 06-26-2020 at 02:11 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-26-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Bears are fun. Saw a young black bear quading earlier this month Attachment 18399
    Have you ever seen or heard wolf packs? I read they're making a comeback in Canada. That's good for keeping the deer population in check. Cool picture. Didnt you say the black bears weren't too worry about but the brown bears could be aggressive?