Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2018 Mirage owner here!

Congrats, and welcome to the forum, Mike!

Sunrise Orange is a great colour.

Unless you're performance & handling-oriented, you're also going to love the Mirage's Cadillac-soft suspension. Designed for the developing world (where the Mirage sells in greatest numbers)... so perfect for NYC?? I didn't like it at first, but I've come to appreciate such a soft ride from such a small car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    This will be the perfect car for tooling around Manhattan....just look out for those crazy cab drivers and you'll be fine I live in the furthest north part of the city, the North Bronx, practically a stones through from Westchester County. Still impossible to find a good sized parking spot hence the Mirage. I have been reading through this forum for the past few hours, tons of useful info (I'm getting the alignment checked as soon as I get it in as I noticed the car has 2 new tires put on---on the rear!). I guess my local Mitsu dealer is going to get to know me in a hurry
    Welcome!

The nice thing about the Mirage is that the 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty transfer to the second owner. It's not uncommon for Mirage owners to replace their factory tires somewhere between 30,000-40,000 miles, & some do it even sooner.

Thus, I would not be alarmed about the new tires. It's possible that the previous owner failed to rotate the tires properly. The front tires could have been worn down. They may have move the back tires to the front and moved the replaced front ones to the rear. Who really knows? Regardless, you are getting good advice from everyone.

Are they all 165/65r14 Dunlop Enasave tires on your Mirage?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Welcome!

The nice thing about the Mirage is that the 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty transfer to the second owner. It's not uncommon for Mirage owners to replace their factory tires somewhere between 30,000-40,000 miles, & some do it even sooner.

Thus, I would not be alarmed about the new tires. It's possible that the previous owner failed to rotate the tires properly. The front tires could have been worn down. They may have move the back tires to the front and moved the replaced front ones to the rear. Who really knows? Regardless, you are getting good advice from everyone.

Are they all 165/65r14 Dunlop Enasave tires on your Mirage?
    As it's not in front of me yet(I'll have it in around a week), I have not a clue as to what tires are on it, but the description and far away pics of it say and show 2 new ones on the back(still had the stickers on them!). One of the main reasons I chose this Mirage over the many Carvana had on their site was that transferable 5/60,000 warranty combined with the low miles. I'm definitely going to be putting it to the test soon enough

Carvana brings the car direct to your home on a cool truck, yeah?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Carvana brings the car direct to your home on a cool truck, yeah?
    So I'm told...I'll find out soon enough

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Carvana has a big pretty big markup in price though right?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Carvana has a big pretty big markup in price though right?
    On certain cars usually older than 2015 for sure.They seem to be in their own little world far away from reality there. But newer cars sit about level with my local dealerships, sometimes a bit more sometimes a bit less. This one was a bit less than both of my local Mitsu dealers for instance. As with all car purchases do your due diligence before you sign on the dotted line and you'll be fine. My only real complaint is you can't directly haggle but I've found that if you press them they'll apply "discounts". I got one such one for $500.00. They just don't advertise or offer it, you need to work them over on the phone for it. If you're into haggling, Carvana might not be the place for you. All in all I found the experience fast, pleasant and ultimately satisfying. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Stupid question: have you driven the car (or any Mirage) yet?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Stupid question: have you driven the car (or any Mirage) yet?
    I have a neighbor who swears by his 2017 SE. I drove it around for a short 200 mile trip to see how it ran and if it was a good fit for me. Then I gave my 2 local dealers a shot and also got to drive them. I like it
    As for this one, nope, not yet. But Carvana gives you a week to decide if you like it, I've never seen any dealer do that before, nice.

Whew. Sounds good!

I wondered for a second if you were diving in without having driven one. I think many drivers would find the Mirage, uh, unconventional at best.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post: