Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New 2018 Mirage owner here!

Hey congrats!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-06-2020)

Congrats, don't be mongered into thinking there's something wrong when there isn't. The stock tires only come with 9/32nds tread when new. I rotate tires relatively regularly. Out of 40 cars I had the alignment checked on one and the front was out a hair when a year old. The only other times I've had alignments done was when a k frame was smashed into the floor of one car and spindle and strut tore out of another few cars. I guess if I took one to 5 different shops I'd get 5 different results to show a dealership. Been through that already with a ford. 2 shops, 3 different alignment machines 4 different printouts within days of each other.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-06-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Congrats, don't be mongered into thinking there's something wrong when there isn't. The stock tires only come with 9/32nds tread when new. I rotate tires relatively regularly. Out of 40 cars I had the alignment checked on one and the front was out a hair when a year old. The only other times I've had alignments done was when a k frame was smashed into the floor of one car and spindle and strut tore out of another few cars. I guess if I took one to 5 different shops I'd get 5 different results to show a dealership. Been through that already with a ford. 2 shops, 3 different alignment machines 4 different printouts within days of each other.
    Considering the guy doesn't charge for the check, I'm really losing nothing but time doing it....plus new tires at 9800 miles? Thats a red flag if I ever saw one

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-06-2020)

Well, reading is hard. Didn't realize it was that low. In that case yeah, that's odd. On the other hand, mileage can be changed in 2 mins and one screw lol.

There is no shop around here that'll look at a car for free let alone check the alignment, lucky.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Well, reading is hard. Didn't realize it was that low. In that case yeah, that's odd. On the other hand, mileage can be changed in 2 mins and one screw lol.

There is no shop around here that'll look at a car for free let alone check the alignment, lucky.
    I've known the shop and owner for many years, that helps NYC can be a brutal place to find a decent mechanic not out for your life savings....when you find a good one, you rejoice and give the guy all the help you can. He's been in business for nearly 30 years, a testament to his higher standards. Glad I found him!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I thought in Jersey people get things because they fell off the back of a truck? Name:  new-jersey.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  59.4 KB

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-07-2020),Fummins (07-07-2020)