Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New 2018 Mirage owner here!

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New 2018 Mirage owner here!

Hi all! I just got a new to me 2018 Mirage ES Name:  2000506922-edc-03.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  80.5 KBwith 31000 miles on it. It has the remainder of the factory 5/60,000 warranty on it and I got a 5/100,000 extended warranty on it from Carvana. It's a pretty Sunrise Orange with the CVT tranny. I joined here to learn more about it, especially maintenance and tips on all around care. I've attached a photo I got from Carvana whilst I wait for my car to get here in a few days I look forward to all the reading I'm gonna be doing!

Mike

Last edited by dragon2knight; 06-21-2020 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Corrected the color from Sunset Orange to Sunrise Orange.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-21-2020),MetroMPG (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome! It's a great forum and most of us are more than willing to help you out!

Honestly, the car is pretty easy to maintain.

For starters, since your car has 31k on it, it needs to have it's CVT fluid changed. Every 30k is recommended for these cars. There are 2 filters, so if you take it somewhere, make sure that gets done. At least the cartridge filter, the in pan screen filter could wait until 60k.

Many of us change the oil every 7500 miles without problems. You do you on that one.

I would also get your alignment checked, especially rear.

Otherwise, here's to many reliable years!
    (blank signature)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    Welcome! It's a great forum and most of us are more than willing to help you out!

Honestly, the car is pretty easy to maintain.

For starters, since your car has 31k on it, it needs to have it's CVT fluid changed. Every 30k is recommended for these cars. There are 2 filters, so if you take it somewhere, make sure that gets done. At least the cartridge filter, the in pan screen filter could wait until 60k.

Many of us change the oil every 7500 miles without problems. You do you on that one.

I would also get your alignment checked, especially rear.

Otherwise, here's to many reliable years!
    Thanks for the info, gonna definitely take it to heart. I assume the dealership doesn't do the fluid changes under warranty?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    Thanks for the info, gonna definitely take it to heart. I assume the dealership doesn't do the fluid changes under warranty?
    I could definitely see some dealers, but not all, have that sort of platinum service, might cost extra. Might be cheaper to wad out the cash each time instead. I bought my 2014 new from the dealer, so with a full 10 year warranty, 100,000 mile (160k km's) warranty. After 6.5 years of ownership, I'm still technically under power-train warranty, but a lot isn't covered now, like emissions, and a bunch of new-car warranty period stuff. So read the fine print .

Besides one issue for 2014 cars only, my Mirage has been good, always gets great MPGs and drives straight. New tires make this car more stable on the freeway I find, but it's not a 130+ km's an hour car just isn't meant. But it's nice and has lots of features, I wish I got a brighter colour now to be more visible, and I have no AC and dark grey so wasn't smart on my part lol.

If you can get your Mirage Krown rust control done on it, keeps it looking new and saves from rust and the electrical too.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I could definitely see some dealers, but not all, have that sort of platinum service, might cost extra. Might be cheaper to wad out the cash each time instead. I bought my 2014 new from the dealer, so with a full 10 year warranty, 100,000 mile (160k km's) warranty. After 6.5 years of ownership, I'm still technically under power-train warranty, but a lot isn't covered now, like emissions, and a bunch of new-car warranty period stuff. So read the fine print .

Besides one issue for 2014 cars only, my Mirage has been good, always gets great MPGs and drives straight. New tires make this car more stable on the freeway I find, but it's not a 130+ km's an hour car just isn't meant. But it's nice and has lots of features, I wish I got a brighter colour now to be more visible, and I have no AC and dark grey so wasn't smart on my part lol.

If you can get your Mirage Krown rust control done on it, keeps it looking new and saves from rust and the electrical too.
    Sounds good, thanks! As for A/C...nope can't do that. Lived in Arizona for most of my life, it's a necessity

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hi all! I just got a new to me 2018 Mirage ES
    Hello Mike (dragon2knight) and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your purchase. You'll have to tell us how you came to decide on buying a Mirage of your own (not sure if you browsed the forum before your purchase...)

My advice for Mirage longevity is take care of maintenance items with whatever mechanic you are comfortable with (could be yourself) and be careful with what changes you make to it. Some forum members change out suspension, tires, exhaust, and other such bits, maybe plug in some stuff to make it better then report problems later down the road. I think the Mirage is fine the way it is for what it is - affordable, reliable transportation. It's a city car, not a race car. No doubt you can customize it and make it your own, but it's design is focused in one direction.

So keep browsing the Forum to get an idea of what goes on with these cars. Make a forum Garage entry of your own. Ask questions, join in on the banter. It's all about the Mirage here. Get the alignment checked. Keep up with fluid changes and the other maintenance items and you'll be laughing humongous belly laughs at all the money you are banking over other vehicles and their price tags.

Again, welcome.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sounds good, thanks! As for A/C...nope can't do that. Lived in Arizona for most of my life, it's a necessity
    Ya my ES Mirage is kind of unusual with roll down windows in the back and power windows in the front. People in the Mirage community find this funny, Canadian-only special maybe. Anyway Arizona eh, I have seen on TV the HOT temperatures you get out there in Arizona. Where I live is like between Buffalo, New York weather and Detroit weather.

Honestly was gonna spend my 35-39 years doing more traveling, made it to Alberta last year, hope to do Iceland soon and then maybe Arizona.

Edit: Anyway I am one of the forum members who gets off-track quick, so enjoy your Mirage, not everyone's cup of tea but I like my Mirage for sure, it's different. Cheers from Canada

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello Mike (dragon2knight) and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your purchase. You'll have to tell us how you came to decide on buying a Mirage of your own (not sure if you browsed the forum before your purchase...)

My advice for Mirage longevity is take care of maintenance items with whatever mechanic you are comfortable with (could be yourself) and be careful with what changes you make to it. Some forum members change out suspension, tires, exhaust, and other such bits, maybe plug in some stuff to make it better then report problems later down the road. I think the Mirage is fine the way it is for what it is - affordable, reliable transportation. It's a city car, not a race car. No doubt you can customize it and make it your own, but it's design is focused in one direction.

So keep browsing the Forum to get an idea of what goes on with these cars. Make a forum Garage entry of your own. Ask questions, join in on the banter. It's all about the Mirage here. Get the alignment checked. Keep up with fluid changes and the other maintenance items and you'll be laughing humongous belly laughs at all the money you are banking over other vehicles and their price tags.

Again, welcome.
    I live in NYC now, so I knew I needed a city car, not a grand touring car or race car. This is perfect for it's task! Thanks for the warm welcome
    Last edited by dragon2knight; 06-21-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I live in NYC now
    That's pretty cool. Not sure what part of NYC - I wanted to visit the City for at least the weekend and stay with friends in CT but COVID put an end to that. Maybe next year. And if I get up there I'll look for a sweet copper-colored Mirage

I've heard more than one forum member use theirs for ride share. Not suggesting you give it a try, especially these days but that can give you an idea as to how these cars hold up and get around.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's pretty cool. Not sure what part of NYC - I wanted to visit the City for at least the weekend and stay with friends in CT but COVID put an end to that. Maybe next year. And if I get up there I'll look for a sweet copper-colored Mirage

I've heard more than one forum member use theirs for ride share. Not suggesting you give it a try, especially these days but that can give you an idea as to how these cars hold up and get around.
    This will be the perfect car for tooling around Manhattan....just look out for those crazy cab drivers and you'll be fine I live in the furthest north part of the city, the North Bronx, practically a stones through from Westchester County. Still impossible to find a good sized parking spot hence the Mirage. I have been reading through this forum for the past few hours, tons of useful info (I'm getting the alignment checked as soon as I get it in as I noticed the car has 2 new tires put on---on the rear!). I guess my local Mitsu dealer is going to get to know me in a hurry