Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New 2018 Mirage owner here!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Whew. Sounds good!

I wondered for a second if you were diving in without having driven one. I think many drivers would find the Mirage, uh, unconventional at best.
    To be honest, I love small cars, I've owned 3 90's vintage Geo Metro's, all LSI's and just love the park-a-bility and maneuverability plus the awesome gas mileage of course. I'm never in a particular hurry to get anywhere so the limited power isn't a severe issue, that is as long as it feels safe enough to pass another vehicle. That was my only concern with the Mirage. The 200 mile trip was to see if it had the oomph to do it. It did and I bought one

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I've done multiple road trips, Atlanta to Dallas, St. Pete, Charleston etc. the Mirage is totally fine on the highway. It does stay at 3000 rpms though when I'm over 70mph (CVT) so the has mileage is high 30s (just ok). I worry more for the engine constantly being over 3000 rpms but apparently this engine can take it?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Funny twist here: I'm NOT getting the Sunrise Orange version I posted as they (Carvana) listed a MUCH better version of a 2018 Mirage that I couldn't resist nabbing. So I called them and switched to this Pearl White beauty, still being delivered on the 6th of July:

It's a near perfect example, privately owned (the Orange one was a rental) with a very detailed Carfax with all service records showing, a good thing to see it was serviced entirely by the dealer. It's only got around 9800 miles on it! Looks like new tires as well, won't really know that for a fact till it gets here but one of their pics showed at least one that way. The cosmetics, inside and out, are also much improved over the Orange ones as well, plus I qualified for their good 60 month/90,000 mile warranty. Still have 32 months/50,000 miles left on the factory warranty to boot, nice. It's still a CVT version (tired of manuals, getting too old to push that clutch in hundreds of times a day in city driving), and I hope with proper maintenance as learned on here I'll be able to keep it alive as long as possible. And I should add that I got this one for the same price as the Orange one so no complaints at all here It's nice to see Carvana so accommodating, it seems you can change your mind almost up to the day before it ships out to you which is great if you see another car that is better than the one you originally chose. I will definitely post some real pics from me when it gets here next week....getting anxious to be honest!!

Name:  2000573774-edc-03.jpg
Views: 696
Size:  81.9 KB
    Name:  2000573774-edc-11.jpg
Views: 597
Size:  82.1 KB
    Name:  2000573774-edo-03.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  84.7 KB
    Name:  2000573774-manual-13.jpg
Views: 499
Size:  94.2 KB
    Name:  2000573774-manual-15.jpg
Views: 495
Size:  89.7 KB
    Last edited by dragon2knight; 06-30-2020 at 11:00 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Same money? Sounds like you found a gem (although I would prefer the Orange color itself)
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Basic For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Same money? Sounds like you found a gem (although I would prefer the Orange color itself)
    Gotta be honest, the Orange was growing on me,lol. But I've actually seen the Pearl White in person at the NY Auto show last year, it's much better than the poor pics here show. For the money spent, I don't honestly think I'll ever beat this one....glad I went back on the site and kept looking at all the posts for the Mirage, it can go days without a single update than WHAM--there's 2 or 3 new ones, mostly manuals though. I rarely see a newer ES (2018 or newer) with a CVT....guess there's more manual drivers out there than CVT drivers.
    Last edited by dragon2knight; 06-30-2020 at 10:55 PM.

Ha - nice switcheroo!

You should have tried the manual though - the clutch pedal is literally the lightest & easiest to use I've ever driven. Makes my 1.0L Metro's clutch feel like I'm driving a dump truck by comparison.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha - nice switcheroo!

You should have tried the manual though - the clutch pedal is literally the lightest & easiest to use I've ever driven. Makes my 1.0L Metro's clutch feel like I'm driving a dump truck by comparison.
    I've been a manual guy most all my life, biker too. Too many bike accidents took their toll on my legs, especially my left one. I just don't have the endurance to handle a real city traffic jam anymore, sigh. Ah well, life goes on and the CVT will do it for me....I hope! Time will tell.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just did a quick VIN check and got some better pics from the auction site that Carvana probably bought this from

Name:  ML32A3HJ9JH001268-2018-mitsubishi-mirage-0-0bd641.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  40.9 KB
    Name:  ML32A3HJ9JH001268-2018-mitsubishi-mirage-1-0bd682.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  36.8 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon2knight View Post
    ...9800 miles...new tires...
    It looks like the car has 4 new Vredestein tires. There's nothing wrong with that. But a very low mileage Mirage with new tires means that something happened to one or more of the original tires so they replaced all of them.

It could be nothing...or it could mean the car needs an alignment. Consider getting a 4-wheel alignment check done once you get the car...just in case. You don't want to prematurely wear out those nice new tires, and many places will check your alignment for free.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-01-2020),MetroMPG (07-01-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    It looks like the car has 4 new Vredestein tires. There's nothing wrong with that. But a very low mileage Mirage with new tires means that something happened to one or more of the original tires so they replaced all of them.

It could be nothing...or it could mean the car needs an alignment. Consider getting a 4-wheel alignment check done once you get the car...just in case. You don't want to prematurely wear out those nice new tires, and many places will check your alignment for free.
    I actually though that as well...but then noticed the car was in Pennsylvania, known for pretty heavy snow. The original owner might have just switched to those to get better traction. Or not,lol. That alignment will indeed be done, I've got a great place in the Bronx for that.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to dragon2knight For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-01-2020)