Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi to Reduce U.S. Committment?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mitsubishi to Reduce U.S. Committment?

New story. Doesn't sound encouraging, but in this economy, they're fighting to survive.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/06/mi...ts-in-the-u-s/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This saddens me. I was hoping we'd get the revised Mirage here soon and I could get angry how only the base model comes with a manual again hahaha. If they offered a top model with a stick, I'd seriously consider buying that.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I noticed a couple examples of "Mirage Derangement Syndrome" in the comment section of that story.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daleWV For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (06-23-2020),inuvik (06-22-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    New story. Doesn't sound encouraging, but in this economy, they're fighting to survive.

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/06/mi...ts-in-the-u-s/

The Alliance may be the downfall of Mitsubishi in North America. I had shared this article in another thread yesterday, too.

https://thecargossip.com/2020/06/21/...l-back-in-u-s/

A year ago, top officials were saying positive things about Mitsubishi staying in North America. A year later, the prospect doesn't look as good.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The Alliance may be the downfall of Mitsubishi in North America. I had shared this article in another thread yesterday, too.

https://thecargossip.com/2020/06/21/...l-back-in-u-s/

A year ago, top officials were saying positive things about Mitsubishi staying in North America. A year later, the prospect doesn't look as good.

I know. A year ago it was "building new, modern showrooms, dealer network, etc". The Covid-19 downturn and the Alliance may see Mitsubishi going the way of Suzuki in the United States. And that sucks.

That site sucks, they didn't post my comment. **** the internet. There you go dspace, if Mitsu pulls out you now own a running, driving potential collector car. Tomorrows Lada lol
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-22-2020 at 08:36 PM. Reason: I made a funny

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (03-13-2021),MetroMPG (06-23-2020)

Buy direct like Tesla then have repair centers spread out randomly around the country? My guess is they killed the Lancer because people are stupid and seem to buy more suv/cuv/slightly larger and less efficient hatchback cars? I really have no idea but maybe the Mirage sells better worldwide than the lancer did? It's more affordable and more third world friendly?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

You put more thought into words than I does.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    IDK how much more dialing they can do. Seems we already got the slimmed down lineup. They should try some new interesting solutions like direct sales. I am not really sure why they ended the Lancer when that is probably still the most popular Mitsu I see on the road.

Put the MSRP of the Mirage down to like 11k manual 13k CVT and watch the sales go nuts.
    The Alliance may be the downfall of Mitsubishi for us. Nissan producing inferior products has caught up with them, & Mitsubishi may be taking the fall for that.

Mitsubishi has not marketed their cars well, & the dealership network is horrible. Mitsubishi joining Renault/Nissan was like being thrown an anchor rather that a life jacket.

Suzuki has done well elsewhere in the world. Mitsubishi will do the same.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Let's not throw in the towel so quick lol. Mitsubishi did just build a brand new headquarters in Franklin TN. And every manufacturer is suffering too.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

2of9 (06-23-2020),Subcompact Culture (06-23-2020)