Thread: Mitsubishi to Reduce U.S. Committment?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by highwire View Post
    Yes, and that could translate into brand loyalty. They offer a $250 discount for current owners. I think that 15 years between cars, however, is a long time to count on customers for an expected profit though. The marketing could be geared towards college graduates, single households, and elderly, but I think commuters would be a segment for those who drive less than 30 miles. More than that and I think the highway speeds are more of a concern so it depends more on location and routes.
    The average age of vehicles on U.S. roads is 11.8 years. That translates into some people driving some older vehicles for sure.

Geo Metro hasn't been made since 2001, & you still those around. Mirages will be around for quite some time. A lot of them will also bite the dust.

Why are Sparks more popular? 3,000 Chevy dealerships in the States.

There are 350 Mitsubishi dealerships in the States & only 90 in Canada. Nissan has about 1,080 in the States, plus some Infiniti dealers.

If there is a good Mitsubishi dealership in Wisconsin, I am not aware of it. That's a huge issue for this brand. I like my Mirage, but I am not impressed by the company. Then again no one is presently impressing me. If I could pick an interesting brand, it would be Suzuki. I like what they offer in small cars, but it may be a case of the grass is greener on the other side of the fence (or in this case ocean)?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

highwire (06-23-2020),Subcompact Culture (06-23-2020)