Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota Yaris Discontinued

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Mazda2 Yaris sucked so good riddance. I wish they'd give us the Toyota built Yaris that exists in Europe. It's a fantastic looking little car. Also, on the note of stuff getting bigger... I owned the new Corolla hatchback and it's honestly pretty small inside. I think the mirage honestly has more rear leg room than the Corolla did hahaha.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

I just did a build and price of the cheapest new cars I can think of: Mirage, Spark, Yaris, Fit, Accent, Rio and Micra. I made all white and all manual transmission hatchbacks. These were cash prices with tax and pdi included. As close to out the door pricing I could find. No loyalty or other magical discounts applied.
    From Highest to lowest:
    -Toyota Yaris $19,489.31
    -Honda Fit $19,289.81
    -Hyundai Accent $17,407.95
    -Kia Rio $17,180
    -Mitsubishi Mirage $13,499.21

I couldn't get a price to include pdi and taxes for the Nissan Micra online, it showed the base price as $10,488 though. I did find this one though. Manual windows and no ac....Pole dancer model for sure!https://www.lanissan.ca/auto/new-201...c-ab/44328753/

The Chevy Spark only showed a "net price" of $11,598 which included the base price of $9,998 plus $1600 destination fee and ac tax. I'm sure they'd tack on extra for pdi and extra crap that could add up quick. I found this stripper Spark https://www.sherwoodparkchev.com/inv...a6sa4lc464441/

The cheapest Mirage I could find local was this cvt model. https://www.northsidemitsubishi.ca/a...n-ab/43791087/

What was this thread about again,identifying as attack helicopters?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-24-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    The Yaris we get in Europe is an altogether different car, just a litte bit bigger than the Mirage, and otherwise with similarities. They sell well and have an excellent reputation too.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Toyota took the fun looking Mazda2 and made it into something ugly. A Corolla hatchback costs like $2k-4k more. Pretty sure if Toyota brought the european Yaris GR then it will sell well, because people are getting bored of the WRX.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If Mazda were to start selling the 2 hatch with a manual, I'd be hard-pressed not to buy it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yeah, we used to have the XP130 Yaris here in Canada, built in Valenciennes, France.

But apparently that's the last *real* Yaris we're getting

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The thing with toyota buyers is they want a toyota made toyota for those prices. Or even better a toyota made American brand for less money aka the prizm. Too bad that gem is still not made those were great choices but they are getting hard to find in rust areas as they are 20yrs old now.