Thread: Plastic Push Clip Fasteners Randomly falling off on both Mirages.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Plastic Push Clip Fasteners Randomly falling off on both Mirages.

Suddenly driving heard a light rattle on occasion from the rear of Dott no one else could hear

Noticed missing plastic tab from the rear bumper so I checked Dolores and one was missing from the front.

Maybe it's my age but little things like this happening bug me. I had a stripped new Hyundai accent in 1998 (just as made fun as our mirages) and never had to worry about things like this. We overly take care of our vehicles but I expect the vehicle to not have these type of issues. Anyway found replacements and they seem to be holding in place. No rattle.

Wonder if other's are missing? Something to keep an eye on in the future

I've noticed missing clips after people drive into things and bend the bumper covers to the point of blowing the clips out. Sometimes new ones fit tight and other times the holes are screwed and the clips just flop around til they fall out again. Otherwise the only other time I've seen parts falling off is after having body work done. Not by me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Nothing missing or deformed after six years.

On Yee-Pay you could find very inexpensive boxes of assorted clips.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DottandDolores View Post

Maybe it's my age but little things like this happening bug me. I had a stripped new Hyundai accent in 1998 (just as made fun as our mirages) and never had to worry about things like this. We overly take care of our vehicles

Wonder if other's are missing? Something to keep an eye on in the future
    I have a stripped down 2014 Mirage, and a few plastic interior pieces have fallen off. One is the plastic cover under the rear passengers cupholder.

You're lucky your Mirage doesn't have dash rattles, or hatchback rattles, mine sure does. That's one of those things a few reviewers of the mirage have pointed out.

Cheap car, but the motor etc. seems very reliable and high quality, so I stay a Mirage owner 6+ years now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)