Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mitsubishi gets 6th Place in J.D Power Initial Quality Study reviews

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Totally agree. I use to work at Sam's Club Tires & Discount Tires and the amount of people that come in with bald tires is astounding. I would say close to 95% of the people that came in, did not know the BRAND of the car, they only knew the car name. I remember someone wanting to replace 2 tires on their Volvo. I go outside and they bring me to their Subaru. This happened on a daily basis. I really think people that are driving mindlessly, really have no clue on how to care for their vehicle. I can't imagine the stories from Lube Techs from other Oil Changing stores though. It's gotta be worse since we only did tires and batteries at Sam's Club.
    That's why I prefer to buy new vehicles. I don't want someone's vehicle that they just had the oil changed right before selling for the first time in 30k miles. The adds always say "fresh oil and ice cold air" translation: girstvoul change in 25-30k miles and ac system is leaking.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'll take any good news about Mitsubishi. A nice counter to the rumors swirling around.

Just for LOLZ, look up the 2019 results of the same survey.

The try to make any sense of it all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Attachment 18482
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I hate our sonics! They're hatch back 1.8L auto's. They all leak oil, atf and coolant, they're just used as last resort spares as they are always having issues if used on a daily basis. The rear hatch latch is electric and doesn't open fully half the time, so when you close it it doesn't latch closed instead it smashes the closed latch and jams it up. The intake tuning valve rod breaks off requiring a new $500 intake manifold or jerry rig a fix. Odometers quit working on a few cars so I have to use gps to track mileage, I've changed 3 wiper motors and transmissions so in the last year. Crash parts are a pita to replace. The rad support comes in 100 pieces that you have to bolt and weld together, parts might be cheaper but there is way more to replace in a Sonic. But many drivers prefer to drive a Sonic over a Mirage, easier to get in and out of with height adjustable seat, more power, handle better. I hate them cause they break all the time, even changing a headlight bulb is a pita.
    I just rediscovered 2 more reasons I hate sonics, the starter and alternator are both in pita spots down low at the rear wedged between the subframe and intake manifold. But the spark plugs are easier to remove so.....

Edit: Just found another reason not to buy a 1.6 or 1.8L gm product. The effing cam gears are not keyed. You can undo the cam gears and you have to buy an alignment tool to re install them properly otherwise the thing will not run and valves will likely smack pistons. F****s sakes.

Last edited by Fummins; 07-06-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-03-2020)