Saw this when reading about a Tesla story:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/06...-survey-finds/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to highwire For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...the most reliable individual MY2020 vehicle was the Chevrolet Sonic, which scored 103 PP100.
    Well that settles it. I'm trading my Mirage in on a Sonic tomorrow.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-25-2020)

I hate our sonics! They're hatch back 1.8L auto's. They all leak oil, atf and coolant, they're just used as last resort spares as they are always having issues if used on a daily basis. The rear hatch latch is electric and doesn't open fully half the time, so when you close it it doesn't latch closed instead it smashes the closed latch and jams it up. The intake tuning valve rod breaks off requiring a new $500 intake manifold or jerry rig a fix. Odometers quit working on a few cars so I have to use gps to track mileage, I've changed 3 wiper motors and transmissions so in the last year. Crash parts are a pita to replace. The rad support comes in 100 pieces that you have to bolt and weld together, parts might be cheaper but there is way more to replace in a Sonic. But many drivers prefer to drive a Sonic over a Mirage, easier to get in and out of with height adjustable seat, more power, handle better. I hate them cause they break all the time, even changing a headlight bulb is a pita.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

2of9 (06-25-2020),Alex1a1f (06-25-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by highwire View Post
    Saw this when reading about a Tesla story:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2020/06...-survey-finds/
    Interesting article, thanks for the link highwire.

I always take these quality surveys with a grain of salt. I think they're right that the Tesla brand has a lot of quality problems, but Dodge, tied with Kia, for no. 1 spot for reliability!? Not gonna agree on that one. Dodge is STILL having tranny issues...

However, I'm not surprised to see Genesis near the top. High quality I'm sure, but still doesn't look as good (or as expensive) as a new BMW, with the giant kidney grills. And that's the problem with Genesis as a brand.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I finally read that article. So they're claiming that basically every 2020 model year vehicle with have, at best, 1.36-2.5 problems within a year?

They survey 87,000 people with 2020 vehicles and that's where they got their info from? Most of the problems reported are because the owners are too stupid to read the manual to figure out how their car works.

I'd prefer to see the number of legitimate customer complaints brought into dealerships, then narrowed down to an actual defective part or assembly problem or just dumbass problem. Though, those numbers could be skewed by having dealers pass off real issues as normal, and/or kick them out the door til it's off warranty.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

2of9 (06-25-2020),craigq (06-27-2020),dragon2knight (07-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    J.D. Power is right up there with Consumer Reports when it comes to useful vehicle reliability ratings. But you can bet Dodge and Kia will use this all over their marketing materials.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    J.D. Power is right up there with Consumer Reports when it comes to useful vehicle reliability ratings. But you can bet Dodge and Kia will use this all over their marketing materials.
    Considering Dodge's entire lineup is ancient, it's not surprising. Kia's line up is almost all new besides Sedona and Sorento, and to say they're not quality vehicles would be an understatement. Go sit in a Telluride, and you'll understand.
    (blank signature)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    They survey 87,000 people with 2020 vehicles and that's where they got their info from? Most of the problems reported are because the owners are too stupid to read the manual to figure out how their car works.
    Totally agree. I use to work at Sam's Club Tires & Discount Tires and the amount of people that come in with bald tires is astounding. I would say close to 95% of the people that came in, did not know the BRAND of the car, they only knew the car name. I remember someone wanting to replace 2 tires on their Volvo. I go outside and they bring me to their Subaru. This happened on a daily basis. I really think people that are driving mindlessly, really have no clue on how to care for their vehicle. I can't imagine the stories from Lube Techs from other Oil Changing stores though. It's gotta be worse since we only did tires and batteries at Sam's Club.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

highwire (06-25-2020),MetroMPG (06-27-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2of9 View Post
    Totally agree. I use to work at Sam's Club Tires & Discount Tires and the amount of people that come in with bald tires is astounding. I would say close to 95% of the people that came in, did not know the BRAND of the car, they only knew the car name. I remember someone wanting to replace 2 tires on their Volvo. I go outside and they bring me to their Subaru. This happened on a daily basis. I really think people that are driving mindlessly, really have no clue on how to care for their vehicle. I can't imagine the stories from Lube Techs from other Oil Changing stores though. It's gotta be worse since we only did tires and batteries at Sam's Club.
    That.... is alarming.

But not at all surprising considering how some people drive

15. The Following User Says Thank You to javensbukan For This Useful Post:

highwire (06-25-2020)

Mitsubishi seems happy about that article lol https://www.mitsubishi-motors-pr.ca/...-quality-study

Mirage videos: