Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Mitsu giving up on the U.S. market finally?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What blows my mind is there is no data on the amount of vehicles with JATCO CVTs that hit 200k miles, or % to hit whatever miles? Nothing, nada. No press covering this besides writing about the Nissan lawsuit.
    Attachment 18386

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-27-2020),Subcompact Culture (06-26-2020),Top_Fuel (06-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    Mitsubishi just invested a lot of coin in its new headquarters. Not just the construction and stuff, but moving everything from California to Tennessee. They've recently sunk a bunch of cash into dealer remodels. That doesn't sound like something a company that's leaving the country would do. Conversely, no one plans for a pandemic or economic uncertainty.

All the rumors in the world can swirl around about Mitsubishi leaving the U.S. market. But the only ones that matter are those that come from Mitsubishi directly. Read 100 editorials about writers' opinions; view vitriolic Youtube videos by hacks who think they know. None of it matters until Mitsubishi says something.

The alliance's "pulling back" statement was a big deal and came from the horse's mouth. That's the thing that is giving so many people pause about the company's future, and rightfully so. But "pull back" doesn't necessarily mean "pull out." That being said, I don't know how much Mitsubishi Motors North America and pull back here without going away.

But again we simply won't know until and if it happens. I hope it doesn't.
    I agree. The countless daily fear monger threads with links to speculative articles are becoming unbecoming. If anything, just keep them all in one or two threads at least? I don't want to see anymore threads about Mitsubishi pulling out and becoming a deadbeat dad on my internet.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-25-2020 at 07:42 PM. Reason: grammerz

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Elaborate, if you would Fummy?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Cool No Kia here...

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome to the site, riokid!

Do you have a Mirage? (If not, my second guess is you have a Kia!)

I could see the Mirage being slotted under the Versa sedan and rebranded for sale at Nissan dealers. It makes sense in their product line-up since the Versa Note hatch was cancelled and the Versa sedan went further upscale and more expensive with its 2020 redesign.
    Nope, no Kia here. My Nick comes from a western, "One Eyed Jacks"...a Brando film. Peace!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Elaborate, if you would Fummy?
    Yeah, I hope Fummins is funnin'. Makes me nervous, with 96k on mine......

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tomrad View Post
    Yeah, I hope Fummins is funnin'. Makes me nervous, with 96k on mine......
    Same! Very nervous! I got mine at 63.5k and the reason I went with the Mirage was everyone on here was backing it up

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Same! Very nervous! I got mine at 63.5k and the reason I went with the Mirage was everyone on here was backing it up

Its still a good reliable car, no matter what Mitsubishi does. And parts will still be available thru Nissan, I'm sure, since part of the Alliance. We're driving the new Saturn: they folded 10 years ago, and I still see a bunch of those on the road.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-01-2020)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I sold my 2010 Suzuki SX4 in 2012 when I hear rumors of the Suzuki ship sinking. Honestly, I wish I hadn't. It was pretty much everything I wanted in a car at the time.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If your worried about parts and service, grab an aftermarket car contract (warranty) outside of Mitsubishi, they are not affiliated but offer the same or better coverage.

I've had my fair share of companies desert me after selling me a car over the years like Renault (Alliance) and Yugo (don't usually admit to that one....). There will always be a decent supply of parts available for at least a few years after they leave. And the bigger the company (and more popular the car, especially if sold worldwide as the Mirage is) the better off you'll be.
    Last edited by dragon2knight; 07-01-2020 at 10:09 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Im not convinced they're leaving. Just scaling back on dealership upgrades and newer models r&d. Brand new headquarters and the hiring of 141 new employees is a good sign. I also wouldn't mind a Mitsubishi/Nissan rebadge as long as the engineering and cvt programming is all Mitsubishi.