Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Mitsu giving up on the U.S. market finally?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I sold my 2010 Suzuki SX4 in 2012 when I hear rumors of the Suzuki ship sinking. Honestly, I wish I hadn't. It was pretty much everything I wanted in a car at the time.
    Unlike companies like SAAB, Suzuki honored their 7-year/100,000 warranties when they stopped selling cars in 2012.

Suzuki 3-year/36,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper
    Suzuki 7-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty with no deductible
    The last Suzuki vehicle that rolled out of an American factory was in 2012. That means that the final vehicle that was manufactured by Suzuki will have its limited powertrain warranty end in 2019. After that, Suzuki will no longer be required to honor their warranty.

Meanwhile, the complete bumper-to-bumper coverage that was aimed at addressing every Suzuki factory defects, only lasted up until the year 2015.

https://www.endurancewarranty.com/le...nded-warranty/

The Alliance may be the downfall of Mitsubishi. Likewise, Europeans have the same concern that Nissan may be pulled from their market.

I really like the line up of Suzuki vehicles. Sadly, we don't embrace affordable small vehicles in the States.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-02-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Unlike companies like SAAB, Suzuki honored their 7-year/100,000 warranties when they stopped selling cars in 2012.

Suzuki 3-year/36,000-mile Bumper-to-Bumper
    Suzuki 7-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty with no deductible
    The last Suzuki vehicle that rolled out of an American factory was in 2012. That means that the final vehicle that was manufactured by Suzuki will have its limited powertrain warranty end in 2019. After that, Suzuki will no longer be required to honor their warranty.

Meanwhile, the complete bumper-to-bumper coverage that was aimed at addressing every Suzuki factory defects, only lasted up until the year 2015.

https://www.endurancewarranty.com/le...nded-warranty/

The Alliance may be the downfall of Mitsubishi. Likewise, Europeans have the same concern that Nissan may be pulled from their market.

I really like the line up of Suzuki vehicles. Sadly, we don't embrace affordable small vehicles in the States.
    I thought Suzuki had an issue of outsourcing some of their vehicles from Daewoo and reliability & reputation suffered as a result? I do know the models made in Japan like the Vitara and Kazashi were well regarded by auto critics and owners for reliability IIRC.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I thought Suzuki had an issue of outsourcing some of their vehicles from Daewoo and reliability & reputation suffered as a result? I do know the models made in Japan like the Vitara and Kazashi were well regarded by auto critics and owners for reliability IIRC.
    That you did. Both of my sisters owned the Samurai and Vitara, they were both tanks. If not for zero rust proofing on the Samurai my oldest sister would probably still be driving it. Neither really cared for their car lineup though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Our top three selling vehicles are large full size pickup trucks, and it's been that way for quite some time.

Overall, Suzuki has done quite well world-wide. A few years ago, I read they were one of the most profitable vehicle companies in the world. They are smart. Why focus your market in a country that doesn't value affordable small vehicles? It's not Suzuki's fault they left here. We tend to value the wrong things here. Not trying to generalize about everyone & everything, but I am bit disgusted with the tends in the auto industry here.

The average vehicle on the road in the State is nearly 12 years old now. Many people can't afford the current market of new vehicles. On top of that, affordable vehicles like the Mirage get bashed by the general public here.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    What blows my mind is there is no data on the amount of vehicles with JATCO CVTs that hit 200k miles, or % to hit whatever miles? Nothing, nada. No press covering this besides writing about the Nissan lawsuit.
    Surprises me as well. A few days ago I saw a near new Infinity QX60 get stuck in reverse in a parking lot. Sad sad day when you need 5 people to help you push your newish expensive behemoth into a parking space because your tranny took a dump. I just shook my head dumbfounded as Infinity used to be a quality product.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Wow Carfreak09, that situation is pathetic. Not really that surprising though. When I travel I have notice a distinct pattern of 2010+ vehicles being dead on the side of the roads, older cars almost never.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark
    average vehicle on the road in the State is nearly 12 years old now
    It may only my theory/hope but I don't think it affordability is the issue. Almost always it's the banks money anyways, and not yours and they just keep extending the payment timelines. No, it's my hope that is reflective of the fact that many people are like us are dissaffected with what the auto industry churns out, that their 2004 Corolla or Town and Country serves them just fine and see value in what it doesn't have.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    serves them just fine and see value in what it doesn't have.
    Like no car payments.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-06-2020),Fummins (07-06-2020),Mark (07-06-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    There was an article about people who enjoy driving older cars in the New York Times a few days ago.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/02/b...lder-cars.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    There was an article about people who enjoy driving older cars
    I must say it's annoying when the Mirage's stability control kicks in every time I hit a particular corner that has a big bump in the middle of it. *I* know the bump is coming, but the car doesn't, and it freaks out when the g-forces (or wheel speed differentials or yaw angle or whatever it's monitoring) go briefly out of limits.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)