Thread: Free parts!

Free parts!

I watched this the other night, it's over my head but figured some of you might make good use of it. As per usual, another vid not for kids.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I watched this the other night, it's over my head but figured some of you might make good use of it. As per usual, another vid not for kids.
    This might be the Canadianest thing I have ever seen, and that ain't a bad thing! It involved beer, so I was riveted to my screen.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And here I thought you were tearing stuff off Mirages at work and giving them away hahahaha.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

fc321 (10-07-2020),MetroMPG (06-26-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    And here I thought you were tearing stuff off Mirages at work and giving them away hahahaha.
    Me too! But honestly if you get a 3d printer it's amazing what can be done.
    I got one a few years ago called a Prusa, the machine has to be assembled but the parts are high quality and the company based the the Czech Republic is a going concern. They offer upgrades and the support is there, I printed a custom clip to mount the new fuel lines on my Tacoma.
    The McMaster-Carr tip is excellent, they won't ship to me here in Canada but I can at least reproduce some stuff that I used to just drool over.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    The McMaster-Carr tip is excellent, they won't ship to me here in Canada but I can at least reproduce some stuff that I used to just drool over.
    They should ship to you in Canada. I live in Ontario & buy from them all the time. They charge my credit card in US dollars & ship to me the same day from their Ottawa location. Items are on my door the next day by noon.
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    They should ship to you in Canada. I live in Ontario & buy from them all the time. They charge my credit card in US dollars & ship to me the same day from their Ottawa location. Items are on my door the next day by noon.
    This is news to me. Do you have a commercial account with them?
    Unless things have changed this is the only instance where Mcmaster-Carr will do business outside the US.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)