Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: 17" Wheel Rubbing Alert!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks all for your help! I'm very happy with the change. The first time I drove the car with the new wheels and tires, I got the "ah-ha" moment, like this is what the car is supposed to feel like! I can only imagine what it's like with the factory wheels and tires.

I definitely felt lucky that I was able to sell the old wheels and tires right away. I mean, what are the odds that someone at the shop would be interested!

I forgot to add. I also purchase warranty on the tires for $6/each or $24 total. It's supposed to cover non wear-and-tear damages for 3 years. Not sure if it's worth it, but I'm a sucker for warranty

Last edited by newtomit; 07-25-2020 at 01:05 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    $24 for a local road hazard warranty is totally worth it!
    Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    $24 for a local road hazard warranty is totally worth it!
    Absolutely...that's crazy-cheap! The first time you get a nail in one of your tires, you will get your $24 back (a proper tire plug/patch service is at least $25 at most shops).

I've had 5 nails/screws in my current set of tires...so free tire repairs are mandatory for me. If there's a drywall screw laying in a Home Depot parking lot, my Mirage will find it!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    ...The car looks a little funny with the smaller and narrower tires.
    That's easily one of the most extreme wheel/tire change I've seen on this forum!

Name:  before_and_after.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  93.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That's easily one of the most extreme wheel/tire change I've seen on this forum!

Name:  before_and_after.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  93.1 KB
    The old wheels looked cool but I’m happy that I don’t have anxiety when driving over a dip or hump anymore

I thought the warranty seemed like a good deal. The rep told me it was supposed to be $12/tire but since I waited a long time for the installation (they said it was gonna take 1.5hrs but I ended up waiting over 4hrs), they gave me a deal for $6/tire.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    You better ziptie those hubcaps if you wanna keep em!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You better ziptie those hubcaps if you wanna keep em!
    Why? Do you know that those aftermarket hubcaps are unreliable and fall off often? I still have all four of my OEM hubcaps.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Out of all the Mirages Ive seen in Atlanta and its been alot, almost half are missing their caps. The little wheels dont clasp them well on the highway. Our G4 had one go flying off on the highway.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Out of all the Mirages Ive seen in Atlanta and its been alot, almost half are missing their caps. The little wheels dont clasp them well on the highway. Our G4 had one go flying off on the highway.
    But newtomit isn't running the Mitsubishi rims or hubcaps so I thought you knew something about his setup. I guess not. At least it's not his CVT thank goodness.

Besides he's got that extra lug nut so maybe that's the difference we all should adopt. I'll have to remember this when I start losing mine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    But newtomit isn't running the Mitsubishi rims or hubcaps so I thought you knew something about his setup. I guess not. At least it's not his CVT thank goodness.

Besides he's got that extra lug nut so maybe that's the difference we all should adopt. I'll have to remember this when I start losing mine.
    After looking at his hubcaps, I checked out some aftermarket hubcaps. Almost every review complained about hubcaps flying off like Dirk stated. The zip tie suggestion isn't a bad one. Zip ties are cheap.

Extra lug nut - I don't understand your comment - "that's the difference we all should adopt." What are you talking about exactly?

I may have missed it. Did he state he has extra lug nuts?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-26-2020)