Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 17" Wheel Rubbing Alert!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I didn't open the Mini wheel ad before. I do like that style wheel. They look very easy to keep clean. No black crap peeling off of them. I also like this style that covers the lug nuts. You don't have to buy fancy ones. You can buy cheap ones, but make sure they are the right ones.

"There are 3 major types of lug nut types: Conical tapered, ball radius, and flat seat. Most aftermarket wheels require the use of different lugs to match the seat of the new wheel. Failure to use the proper lugs nuts may cause your vehicle to vibrate and could cause the lug nuts to loosen over time." - quote taken on-line.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...w=1200&bih=554

Even lug nuts have to be complicated!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Another useful site for comparing wheel/tire combinations is willtheyfit.com.

You can put in 2 wheel/tire combinations and it will graphically overlay them so you can see how they compare. Knowing the size and offset of the wheel obviously helps when using this site.

Name:  willtheyfit.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  86.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do these work?
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...153045630.html

Edit: Contacted the seller of those Mini wheels and no answer. Still considering them as an option.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    also found the black steel wheels at a lower price
    https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-Soluti...omotive&sr=1-9

Are steel wheels really that less desirable than alloy? I don't really care how they look, as long as they perform almost the same.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    also found the black steel wheels at a lower price
    https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-Soluti...omotive&sr=1-9

Are steel wheels really that less desirable than alloy? I don't really care how they look, as long as they perform almost the same.
    I would make sure the center bore opening is 56.1 mm before ordering. The lug nuts will center the rim, but the wheel will not go on if the center bore opening is too small.

If appearance doesn't matter to you, you can google the advantages/disadvantages of alloy verses steel wheels & decide for yourself.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would make sure the center bore opening is 56.1 mm before ordering. The lug nuts will center the rim, but the wheel will not go on if the center bore opening is too small.

If appearance doesn't matter to you, you can google the advantages/disadvantages of alloy verses steel wheels & decide for yourself.
    I have. The main things I gathered are steel wheels are heavier and tend to rust more, but they're also more durable. Not sure if there are other important things I need to know?

With that price, a set would be $160 before tax and with some tires and installation, I can stay lower or at $400 budget.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    14" rims will work. 13" rims only work on 2015 and older. For 2017 on Mitsubishi made the brakes too big for 13" rims.

And as with any used item, check carefully for wear and damage. With new stuff you have a warranty to work out problems with.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have. The main things I gathered are steel wheels are heavier and tend to rust more, but they're also more durable. Not sure if there are other important things I need to know?

With that price, a set would be $160 before tax and with some tires and installation, I can stay lower or at $400 budget.
    What tires are you considering?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    What tires are you considering?
    If I’m going with those steel wheels, I’ll get 165/65 14 tires. There’s a tire shop by me that quoted $100 for a set of used ones (brand TBD) including installation or $200 for a set of new Accelera ones.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-New-14X5-...YAAOSw8A1agoh1

Can it fit 72 hub bore?