Yes, larger hub bore is fine.

Simplify and add lightness.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    Yes, larger hub bore is fine.
    https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...153045630.html
    These ones have 72mm bore. Tires are 175/65r14. Do you think they'd be ok? Do I need to get hub ring spacers? Price is $230. Seller said one tire is starting to show wire. They all probably need to be replaced soon.

My other option is to go with the basic steel wheels. I can get 4 for $150, and American Tire Depot offered 4 new Royal tires and installation for $200. So for about $350-375 will get me all new wheels and tires

Edit: Does offset number matter?
    Last edited by newtomit; 07-04-2020 at 10:04 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Can it fit 72 hub bore?
    Hey newtomit have you priced your rims with some local shops? You might pay a little more but they can (should) cover any problems that come up.

I say this because I'm getting the impression that you aren't real sure about how to go about getting this done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    These ones have 72mm bore. Tires are 175/65r14. Do you think they'd be ok? Do I need to get hub ring spacers? Price is $230. Seller said one tire is starting to show wire. They all probably need to be replaced soon.

My other option is to go with the basic steel wheels. I can get 4 for $150, and American Tire Depot offered 4 new Royal tires and installation for $200. So for about $350-375 will get me all new wheels and tires

Thats a really good price! Id go with that, I too have cheap 175 65 r14 on my wheels. They've been great and beat em up too. My mpg did go down though to about 38 mpg combined, but Im cool with that, still good gas mileage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

"Lug-Centric Wheels. As opposed to hub-centric wheels, lug-centric wheels are centered on the vehicle using the lug holes. Most aftermarket wheels are lug-centric because this allows the manufacturer to make the wheels with larger hub bore diameters so that the wheel can fit a wider array of vehicles."

This is why I suggested you make sure the center hub opening is at least 56.1 mm. A smaller opening will not fit, but a larger one should be ok as long as the rims are secured/centered with the lug nuts. The steel rims for my Mirage are lug nut centered.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Unless you come up with a better option, American Tire Depot in your area looks good to me. They offer a nice selection of steel or alloy rim/wheel packages. I like that they display 14" x 5.5" rims (good for 165-195 wide tires), & they offer 165/65r14 tires, too. Their steel rims have a 60 mm center hub opening. They will make sure everything is done right for you, & I would take advantage of that.

When I search their site, WINRUN R380 tires comes up. I don't know anything about these Chinese tires, but they have a 40,000 mile warranty. If this has been a good tire for them, I wouldn't hesitate to try them. I guess you mentioned 4 new Royal tires, & they may be even better? Most tire places want to have happy customers. All tires wear out, & they want return customers. You can always buy a nicer pair of the tires the next time around, too.

You need someone to remove the TPMS sensors from your old tires & install them in the new tires. Plus, the new tires will need to be mounted on the new rims & balanced. I would let a place like this do all that for you. If you have an issue with a tire, they will take care of you. If your current lugs nuts will work, use them. If not, let them explain why, & they will come up with ones that will work.

Given you are somewhat new to all this, I would let a place like American Tire Depot take care of you. Their prices seem very reasonable to me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Unless you come up with a better option, American Tire Depot in your area looks good to me. They offer a nice selection of steel or alloy rim/wheel packages. I like that they display 14" x 5.5" rims (good for 165-195 wide tires), & they offer 165/65r14 tires, too. Their steel rims have a 60 mm center hub opening. They will make sure everything is done right for you, & I would take advantage of that.

When I search their site, WINRUN R380 tires comes up. I don't know anything about these Chinese tires, but they have a 40,000 mile warranty. If this has been a good tire for them, I wouldn't hesitate to try them. I guess you mentioned 4 new Royal tires, & they may be even better? Most tire places want to have happy customers. All tires wear out, & they want return customers. You can always buy a nicer pair of the tires the next time around, too.

You need someone to remove the TPMS sensors from your old tires & install them in the new tires. Plus, the new tires will need to be mounted on the new rims & balanced. I would let a place like this do all that for you. If you have an issue with a tire, they will take care of you. If your current lugs nuts will work, use them. If not, let them explain why, & they will come up with ones that will work.

Given you are somewhat new to all this, I would let a place like American Tire Depot take care of you. Their prices seem very reasonable to me.
    I am with you on this. I do want to get everything done through American Tire Depot because I feel like they will make sure everything is done right and fix if it isn't. They also offer free flat repairs, tire rotation and alignment check. Supposedly they no longer have the Winrun tires in stock, even though they're still on the website. They said Royal tires are better and also come with 50,000 miles warranty instead of 40,000 like the Winrun.

I'm trying to work out a best price they can do for these Vision Cross wheels
    https://www.americastire.com/buy-wheels/vision-cross

The gray 14" ones on America's Tire are $66.98. American Tire Depot said they would match that price. I want them to do a little better and get wheels and tires and installation all together for no more than $500. If not, I'll just go with the steel wheels and save some money. I honestly don't mind the appearance, as long as they perform well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thats a really good price! Id go with that, I too have cheap 175 65 r14 on my wheels. They've been great and beat em up too. My mpg did go down though to about 38 mpg combined, but Im cool with that, still good gas mileage.
    Anything is better than what I'm currently getting! 35mpg on highway without AC!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    These ones have 72mm bore. Tires are 175/65r14. Do you think they'd be ok?
    These look nice. Even better if they are round, undamaged, and otherwise serviceable & usable.

Do I need to get hub ring spacers?
    Word is hubcentric rings are helpful, but I wouldn't bother. There's others here that would debate that.

Price is $230. Seller said one tire is starting to show wire. They all probably need to be replaced soon.
    They look like no more than a $200 set. Maybe they'll lower the price some more since the tires are at the end of their life. But with the tires that are mounted, you can get an idea of how those wheels will work on your Mirage before ordering a new set of tires to replace the worn ones.

So many options.

Yes. Some folks want their tires to stick out more.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I am with you on this. I do want to get everything done through American Tire Depot because I feel like they will make sure everything is done right and fix if it isn't. They also offer free flat repairs, tire rotation and alignment check. Supposedly they no longer have the Winrun tires in stock, even though they're still on the website. They said Royal tires are better and also come with 50,000 miles warranty instead of 40,000 like the Winrun.

I'm trying to work out a best price they can do for these Vision Cross wheels
    https://www.americastire.com/buy-wheels/vision-cross

The gray 14" ones on America's Tire are $66.98. American Tire Depot said they would match that price. I want them to do a little better and get wheels and tires and installation all together for no more than $500. If not, I'll just go with the steel wheels and save some money. I honestly don't mind the appearance, as long as they perform well.
    Thats exactly what we have on the G4 Mirage. Good looking wheels not much heavier with the tires on. We just did a 1000 mile roundtrip roadtrip, going 75 mph, AC on med-high, 2 passengers, luggage, and still avg 39 mpg combined. Steelies are fine if you need to save a buck but those Vision Cross pop and are a good price.