Thread: Is Eni i-Sint professional 5W-40 excellent for mirage?

Banned
    Country
    Singapore
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Is Eni i-Sint professional 5W-40 excellent for mirage?

Is Eni i-Sint professional 5W-40 good for mirage? Is it a fully synetic engine oil?

The product tech spec as per follow

https://oilproducts.eni.com/media/pd...e-1035_ENU.pdf

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Many owners have an almost religious attitude to the brand or sort of oil they buy! I certainly do not want to start yet another oil thread, there are dozens, nor do I want to poke into a wasps nest.
    My advice is to stick to the manual. Make yourself aquainted with viscosities, qualities, PAO's, esters, etc, and read the manual again! There are plenty of resources in the net. Don't be blinded by nice pictures on the can and marketing bla bla in advertising, get the facts.

I personally use an oil that complies with the VW50400 quality standard, because that standard is by far the strictest in the world, by far more stringent than any SAE or ACEA requirement, and also much stricter than the ILSAC GF5 standard that the owners manual recommends. Of course it is fully synthetic, PAO and Ester based, and it usually comes in 5W30 viscosity.Of course it is good for the hot Singapore climate, too. But do what you want, and make sure to read the owners manual.

You could look at this page and compare oil qualities. Remember, quality and viscosity are two different things, and both should be met.

https://online.lubrizol.com/relperftool/pc.html

Last edited by foama; 06-29-2020 at 07:31 AM.