Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 17" Wheels and 205/40r17 Tires for Sale!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    And did any of those fantasy projects actually get done lol?
    No. Little car, big claims.

But what do I know. You've done more modifications - I'm still drivining on my factory Enasaves after four years of ownership. On the other hand, I don't worry about my transmission - as much anyway.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    He just posted pics of possible body damage from the wheels, not sure how that translates to other Mirage owners wanting them? Now on ebay he might find a Mini Cooper owner or a Suzuki SX4 owner whose ride has a way tighter rear suspension to handle wheels like these. But fobbing them off to another Mirage owner? After what he's shown us? No thanks.
    Many Mirage owners including myself own other vehicles. One man's trash is another man's treasure!

I agree that the odds of selling these wheels is probably higher on craigslist or some other format, but I don't think any harm has been done by mentioning it here. Several did suggested that he try selling them.

I do feel there is a lesson amongst all this. When shopping for a used car, a person may be attracted to the look of aftermarket wheels. Whenever modifications are done to a car, it may be worth one's time to make sure they have been done right before closing the deal.

I don't really understand the infatuation with large rims in recent years, & that goes way beyond small cars like the Mirage, too.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-03-2020),dragon2knight (07-03-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Many Mirage owners including myself own other vehicles. One man's trash is another man's treasure!

I agree that the odds of selling these wheels is probably higher on craigslist or some other format, but I don't think any harm has been done by mentioning it here. Several did suggested that he try selling them.

I do feel there is a lesson amongst all this. When shopping for a used car, a person may be attracted to the look of aftermarket wheels. Whenever modifications are done to a car, it may be worth one's time to make sure they have been done right before closing the deal.

I don't really understand the infatuation with large rims in recent years, & that goes way beyond small cars like the Mirage, too.
    100% agree. And Ive reached out to help in regards to his wheel predicament, its infuriating a dealership would sell a car possible knowing those wheels were going to do body damage on dips of all things! I followed your advice on wheels/tires when my fiance had her steelies bent even further with bald tires, and it worked out great. I parroted that, with total costs and options of financing in the link he posted if he couldnt cough up the $600. To me thats a fair price for everything and is critical he get it done before even more body damage in his tire wells. Id reckon its a good 2 to 3 hundred dollar difference than getting OEM/Wheels/tires at a dealership or trying to find that elusive 14 x 4.5" unicorn wheel aftermarket.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    No. Little car, big claims.

But what do I know. You've done more modifications - I'm still drivining on my factory Enasaves after four years of ownership. On the other hand, I don't worry about my transmission - as much anyway.
    Lol my mods:

corny chrome mirage sticker on my fuel door
    trashy chrome nozzle covers
    good quality tint job
    cheap center console armrest
    elbow friend pad
    cheap Mitsubishi scuff pads inside doors
    really cheap tires

All safe and only after getting advice from folks on here. What if someone joins MirageForum. Sees those wheels, doesnt have a ton of car knowledge (like me), isnt bothered to read the other posts in its performance with a Mirage suspension, and buys them. Thats fobbing if its to the wrong customer, unless there is a disclaimer posted. Hence my light hearted (but hard to tell because of confusing emojis sometimes) retort. Not trying to screw his sale up, Ebay will snatch those wheels, but on here? C'mon bro.Name:  OIP.jpeg.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  15.9 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Your out of your f*@king mind posting that on here lol. Put it on ebay and pray there is some rare car out there that could use those.
    I posted on CL as well but doesn’t hurt to post on here. Took less than 2 mins. Someone might want them for a different car.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to newtomit For This Useful Post:

Loren (07-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I honestly did not know the tires were a modification. I did like how they look, but if I had known they’re bigger than factory size, I would’ve reconsidered. I probably should’ve done more research, but oh well, too late now. Lesson learned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What if someone joins MirageForum. Sees those wheels, doesnt have a ton of car knowledge (like me), isnt bothered to read the other posts in its performance with a Mirage suspension, and buys them.
    Well, that’s not gonna happen anymore, isn’t it lol. I guess a disclaimer could’ve been used, but I also did not specifically they should buy these for their Mirage. If someone asks why I’m selling them, I would totally be honest

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Well, thatÂ’s not gonna happen anymore, isnÂ’t it lol. I guess a disclaimer couldÂ’ve been used, but I also did not specifically they should buy these for their Mirage. If someone asks why IÂ’m selling them, I would totally be honest
    You have been plenty honest, & Dirk has some good points, too!

I wouldn't let the wheels make you regret your purchase. Most of us have bought things & later found out we needed to tweak it some to make it our own. For example - I bought a new Mirage, & I liked it a bit better after installing a rear sway bar.

Hopefully, you will find someone interested in your wheels.

It would be nice if you could find a nice used set of factory alloy wheels. Personally I don't mind the black steel rims with hub caps, but I tend us different tires at different times of the year. Depending on the season, I find myself interchanging different pairs of tires. Thus, I don't mind have 8 pairs of black steel rims. If I lived in a nicer climate like you, I would lean towards a nicer set of alloy wheels. You may feel a little better spending a bit more for alloy wheels in the long run. I know Eggman has suggested this, too.

If you decide to go with black steel rims with hub caps, that's ok, too!

I hope it all works out for you!

If it makes you feel any better mine made so much noise on the way to work this morning I actually checked and made sure there was oil in it. Once I got to where I was going of course, why pull over somewhere that doesn't have oil right? It had oil, some day's it's noisier than others. I can't help but feel like the envy of everyone else on the road most days.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hey newtomit, these are sold now, right?

And they said it couldn't be done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)