Thread: LED Headlights

Country
    United States
    Thanks

LED Headlights

Looking to change my headlights to LED.

Found these bulbs in eBay and I was wondering if these are plug n play for the Mirage. Please advise. thanks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2Pcs-Super-...K/233634136129

It says plug and play so they have to work right? Attachment 18494 I can't stand the glare from oncoming turd burglars with hid and led bulbs in incandescent housings. But I'm considering going with the "if you can't bet em join em" attitude. I haven't had any issues with the stock headlights, they seem to work alright if kept clean.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It says plug and play so they have to work right? Attachment 18494 I can't stand the glare from oncoming turd burglars with hid and led bulbs in incandescent housings. But I'm considering going with the "if you can't bet em join em" attitude. I haven't had any issues with the stock headlights, they seem to work alright if kept clean.
    I'm wondering since on the Ebay description it says it may or may not work on some cars. Not sure if its compatible with the mirage.

I drive in a twisty dark country road and I need all the light I can get.

That I couldn't tell you. Physically they'd probably fit, I had a customer want me to install led bulbs in a mazda 6. The housing had dust caps and the bulbs where huge and stuck out. Didn't work out. Won't have that problem with the Mirage. I wouldn't foresee any blikley light issues but who knows with these cars. I'm sure there have been some members with Led headlights.

Edit: here...https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...headlights-woo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    9003 is the size for the first body styling, so sure. But at least with my LED's I was unable to get the headlight clip to lock with the dust boots over the heatsink. I'm running without but if you drive dirt roads that might grime up the inside of the lenses.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    According to both Amazon and RockAuto, these are a good fit. I got them in and will install when the weather here gets better. As they're 9003's they should work fine.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: I installed them and they work flawlessly. You do need to cut the dust boot from the center out a bit (around an inch or so will do) to fit the wire/controller through it, but it fit fine after that.

Last edited by dragon2knight; 07-07-2020 at 05:36 PM.