Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 14 Rear Hatch Wont unlock ..... Emergency release?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    For what it's worth...here's the parts breakdown inside the hatch.

Name:  liftgate.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  79.2 KB

Man sometimes their part diagrams are hard to follow. They have a diagram for a "liftgate" (above) and then a different one for a "lift gate" (below)

Name:  liftgate2.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  53.8 KB

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 07-07-2020 at 06:17 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-08-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RunDougRun View Post
    Not sure about the snide california comment but i pulled the black trim carpet off to expose the inner workings.....
    I do not see any way to manipulate the lock..... Its really tight in there. Any other suggestions on what to look for? or what im specifically trying to push/pry to get it to release?
    You'll get over it.
    I'll go take a look at one and post how to. If you stop being so effing sensitive. **** me
    I know I've done it once already. Can't recall wtf I did though. The lock solenoid is part of the latch I think?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-07-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You'll get over it.
    I'll go take a look at one and post how to. If you stop being so effing sensitive. **** me
    I know I've done it once already. Can't recall wtf I did though. The lock solenoid is part of the latch I think?
    Cool it with the snide California comments Fummy, or the Cali militia will come for you!

Name:  the-army-of-california-ready-to-fight-for-independence-_-13417113.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  53.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    For what it's worth...here's the parts breakdown inside the hatch.

Name:  liftgate.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  79.2 KB

Man sometimes their part diagrams are hard to follow. They have a diagram for a "liftgate" (above) and then a different one for a "lift gate" (below)

Name:  liftgate2.jpg
Views: 795
Size:  53.8 KB
    The above "lift gate" is for a rear side door. Took me this long to notice.

Edit: Wait a minute, I see what you did there lol.
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-07-2020 at 06:56 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Cool it with the snide California comments Fummy, or the Cali militia will come for you!

That's offensive. I'm now going to make make it known that I was offended and no I shall complain about that meme on the interwebs.
    Attachment 18516
    Mirage videos:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The above "lift gate" is for a rear side door.
    It sort of looked like a door diagram...but they called it a liftgate.

Question: Who the #!@% calls a side door a liftgate? Answer: The Mitsubishi parts catalog.

Name:  door.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  91.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

If only you would stick to helping out other Mirage owners instead of trying to put someone down...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Some people hey!

I did tear a panel off and take a look. There isn't much to see, the handle rod and the latch. I didn't have any tools on me so didn't take the latch off and go any further. And it was raining. Maybe I didn't open one that was locked? You can see three wires going to the latch though, one is likely the power to unlock, one ground and one for the latch open sensor/button. You could always try and run power right to the latch if you have the schematic or someone post's it for you. You can use a 12v drill battery or a 9volt might even do it? That is if the latch isn't totally hooped.
    Mirage videos:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-08-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    If only you would stick to helping out other Mirage owners instead of trying to put someone down...
    Nobody is putting anyone down Eggman. Far from it. Its just lighthearted regional bantering. You could post a Georgia meme of rednecks and Id be the 1st to laugh and hit the thank you for it. With that said, I do apologize to OP and the forum for insinuating that the California national guard are hipsters with an avant gard fashion sense. Mea culpa, a 1000 pardons. I was going to post a meme of the Canadian tuxedo (denim jeans, denim shirt, denim jacket) but I will not for the sake harmony.

Mirage videos: