Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 14 Rear Hatch Wont unlock ..... Emergency release?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

14 Rear Hatch Wont unlock ..... Emergency release?

Hey Everyone!!!
    So my rear hatch wont' open.....
    Im assuming its a motor/actuator.

Is there a way to manually open it for now? I dont mind leaving it unlocked for now but i would love to able to access my trunk 😂😂

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Since 2001 cars have needed a way to prevent getting locked in the trunk. But since the parcel shelf can be pushed up and the rear seat fold down pulls are in the trunk I think that satisfies that requirement.

If it was me gently pry up your parcel shelf, and fold down the single seat side of the rear seat. Load your groceries from the rear side door then.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Since 2001 cars have needed a way to prevent getting locked in the trunk. But since the parcel shelf can be pushed up and the rear seat fold down pulls are in the trunk I think that satisfies that requirement.

If it was me gently pry up your parcel shelf, and fold down the single seat side of the rear seat. Load your groceries from the rear side door then.
    Darn, so there isnt another way to manually unlock it so i can open and close it? For now, it has to stay "frozen".....? I dont put anything in the cargo area really but now that its broken its really bothering me ��

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Should be able to pull the "carpet" panel off the hatch to get at the inner workings to unlock it.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Should be able to pull the "carpet" panel off the hatch to get at the inner workings to unlock it.
    Im sure i can get the trim panel off without any issues..... I just wish there was a step by step guide somewhere on how to manually unlock the hatch.

Im pretty confident that its the motor/actuator.....However, I dont feel like spending hundreds of dollars to fix it, if i can get it to an unlocked state..... Im not overly concerned with someone going into my hatch area.....

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RunDougRun View Post
    Hey Everyone!!!
    So my rear hatch wont' open.....
    Im assuming its a motor/actuator.
    I have a couple questions for you:
    1. Do you have the FAST key with pushbutton start?
    2. How's the battery on that holding up? Are you getting any warning lights for the immobilizer on your dash upon engine start?

Not sure if you are trying to lock/unlock using your key or using interior switch on the door... A weak FAST key battery can cause the same symptoms.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Basic (07-07-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by RunDougRun View Post
    Im sure i can get the trim panel off without any issues..... I just wish there was a step by step guide somewhere on how to manually unlock the hatch.

Im pretty confident that its the motor/actuator.....However, I dont feel like spending hundreds of dollars to fix it, if i can get it to an unlocked state..... Im not overly concerned with someone going into my hatch area.....
    As already mentioned pull the panel off and unlock it. Then unplug the latch. Less typing more doing. Beware it may cause cancer in the state of California though.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I have a couple questions for you:
    1. Do you have the FAST key with pushbutton start?
    2. How's the battery on that holding up? Are you getting any warning lights for the immobilizer on your dash upon engine start?

Not sure if you are trying to lock/unlock using your key or using interior switch on the door... A weak FAST key battery can cause the same symptoms.
    I concur. Had the same issue with my 14 ES once. Went and got the other fob that I never used and boom, everything worked.
    Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    I concur. Had the same issue with my 14 ES once. Went and got the other fob that I never used and boom, everything worked.
    Hi!
    I do have the FAST Key system.....Remote works fine on all other doors. The interior switch (drivers side) does nothing either.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    As already mentioned pull the panel off and unlock it. Then unplug the latch. Less typing more doing. Beware it may cause cancer in the state of California though.
    Not sure about the snide california comment but i pulled the black trim carpet off to expose the inner workings.....
    I do not see any way to manipulate the lock..... Its really tight in there. Any other suggestions on what to look for? or what im specifically trying to push/pry to get it to release?