Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well they are certainly lightweight!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    So I guess that means you bought the ones you were going to look at?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yep they are in great shape. I tried one on the car, but the (brand new)tires that came with them are way too low profile. 165/45 15
    So, hopefully in a couple weeks we can get a larger 185/55 15 set of tires and have em mounted up. I also decided to grab some new lug nuts, cause why not, and when I put them on they stuck out crazy! They're only 1.38" but these rims are pretty shallow around the lug holes, so it looks ridiculous. I'll probably return them and get a set of short open end lug nuts.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bralexander For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-09-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Maybe pick up some shorter closed-end lugnuts like they use on stock alloy Mirage wheels. There are some pics in this post.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Maybe pick up some shorter closed-end lugnuts like they use on stock alloy Mirage wheels. There are some pics in this post.
    If his new Mini Imola wheels are shallow around the wheel studs, an excessive amount of the stud threads may be protruding out. This could cause a shorter closed-end lug nut to not fit. I would take the time to measure that before buying something else. Excessively long wheel studs with open end lug nuts wouldn't be the best look in my mind either.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Yeah, I am going to look around to see what I will like the best.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If his new Mini Imola wheels are shallow around the wheel studs, an excessive amount of the stud threads may be protruding out. This could cause a shorter closed-end lug nut to not fit. I would take the time to measure that before buying something else. Excessively long wheel studs with open end lug nuts wouldn't be the best look in my mind either.
    It did seem like like an excessive amount of stud sticking out. I will probably just go with and open lug nut and not worry about it. I don't think seeing some stud poking out of the nut will bother me, but who knows. I just know the new lug nuts I bought looked stupid