Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: She needs wider tires, bigger rims and foglights

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    My bad Basic, of course your one of our automotive wizards! A proud member of the Mirage council! Im just the royal fool, dont mind me.

Name:  memebetter.com-20200709234442.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  70.0 KB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Basic (07-10-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Top Fuel posted this about quality 15" tires.

Name:  Screenshot_20200709-235100_Chrome.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  97.3 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles August View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I just want 15 inch rims, with wider tires..nothing fancy..another inch will do lol
    I feel honored to be included in Dirk's Mirage inner circle, but I would use Top Fuel's information if 15" wheels are your desire. See below -

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...eels-and-Tires

Keep in mind you could put 175/65r14 tires on your existing rims, & it would give you a cheaper version of a slightly wider tire that's the same outside diameter of the suggested 185/55r15. Both tires are 23" in diameter, & I personally would not go larger than 23" outside diameter.

If your heart is set on 15" rims, Top Fuel's post is the place to start. Difference between 14" or 15" rims is pretty irrelevant as far as I am concerned, because it comes down to what rubber you put on them.

Top Fuel makes a good argument, however, for tires that still have a great LRR (low rolling resistance) & have a long thread life.

Good luck with your tire search journey!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My bad Basic, of course your one of our automotive wizards! A proud member of the Mirage council! Im just the royal fool, dont mind me.

Name:  memebetter.com-20200709234442.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  70.0 KB
    Dirk - You're our CVT historian! This forum would not be the same without you! Don't sell yourself short!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-10-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Dirk - You're our CVT historian! This forum would not be the same without you! Don't sell yourself short!!!!!
    Thanks Mark. Im actually a huge fantasy/sci-fi fan so when I consider someone a wizard, I know its silly, but is actually a genuine compliment on my part. Centuries ago wizards, druids, shamans, necromancers etc. were there to explain things to untrained minds. To quell fear of the unknown. Which is exactly what the council on here does. And Im sorry if I forgot anyone, I just went by whose on my friends list or communicates with me the most.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I feel honored to be included in Dirk's Mirage inner circle, but I would use Top Fuel's information if 15" wheels are your desire. See below -

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...eels-and-Tires

Keep in mind you could put 175/65r14 tires on your existing rims, & it would give you a cheaper version of a slightly wider tire that's the same outside diameter of the suggested 185/55r15. Both tires are 23" in diameter, & I personally would not go larger than 23" outside diameter.

If your heart is set on 15" rims, Top Fuel's post is the place to start. Difference between 14" or 15" rims is pretty irrelevant as far as I am concerned, because it comes down to what rubber you put on them.

Top Fuel makes a good argument, however, for tires that still have a great LRR (low rolling resistance) & have a long thread life.

Good luck with your tire search journey!
    Thanks for the help buddy.. I guess there's not much difference aesthetically between 14 and 15. I just want to get rid of these wheel covers, and maybe widen the tire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Hold up... I am offended. This is 2020 right? I am an actual Tire Engineer and I get looked down on??? HOW DARE YOU DIRK!?!?!
    That's too funny..your help is definitely appreciated too...I think

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thanks Mark. Im actually a huge fantasy/sci-fi fan so when I consider someone a wizard, I know its silly, but is actually a genuine compliment on my part. Centuries ago wizards, druids, shamans, necromancers etc. were there to explain things to untrained minds. To quell fear of the unknown. Which is exactly what the council on here does. And Im sorry if I forgot anyone, I just went by whose on my friends list or communicates with me the most.
    It's nice to have a place where others appreciate small economy cars like the Mirage. Cars that are affordable to purchase, easy to maintain (reliable), & very economical to drive (may be the most fuel efficient non-hybrid car on the road).

Thanks to fools like Doug Demuro ("Mitsubishi Mirage is the Worst New Car You Can Buy"), the Mirage has remained a bit overlooked. The world would be a better place if more people drove a Mirage!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-10-2020),dragon2knight (11-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's nice to have a place where others appreciate small economy cars like the Mirage. Cars that are affordable to purchase, easy to maintain (reliable), & very economical to drive (may be the most fuel efficient non-hybrid car on the road).

Thanks to fools like Doug Demuro ("Mitsubishi Mirage is the Worst New Car You Can Buy"), the Mirage has remained a bit overlooked. The world would be a better place if more people drove a Mirage!
    Bro, I love this thing. I live in new York
    I hardly use gas, and I can park it anywhere. I think if I spruce up the wheels, and add the fog lights, it would be more appealing to the opposite sex wink wink

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles August View Post
    Bro, I love this thing. I live in new York
    I hardly use gas, and I can park it anywhere. I think if I spruce up the wheels, and add the fog lights, it would be more appealing to the opposite sex wink wink
    Just wait till tomorrow morning, you'll be flooded with good info. Check out Mark's link too, it'll explain everything.