Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey guys, from Puerto Rico (YAPR)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hey guys, from Puerto Rico (YAPR)

Hey guys, I'm Norman from Puerto Rico.

I bought a Mirage today, as a project car lol
    I just like things people say are too slow to work on and would like to do something different (everyone's seen a fast Evo)

I run/own a tuning shop, make my own version of Speeduino with a team, and have worked on pretty much every aftermarket ECU out there lol

Now, I know most things are going to have to be custom, but I want to ask just in case:
    Anyone know of any rods/pistons that fit the 3A92? Any clutches?

Besides those pretty much everything else will have to be custom, but I want to work on the 3 banger as a personal challenge, see how much I can make out of a built 3 banger. I hope something cool comes out of this!

BTW my Facebook pages are:
    AlphaX and AlphaSpeed

A like would be cool! (I checked rules before posting, if there's anything against this, please edit @mods)

Here's a pic of the car as it is, soon to be changing quite a bit:

Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ElDominio For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (03-25-2021),dspace9 (07-10-2020),gone.a (11-03-2020),MetroMPG (07-10-2020),Top_Fuel (07-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    You should be able to use the rods and pistons from a 4A92. Same bore and stroke.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Name:  Mitsubishi-Mirage-R5-rally-car.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  83.9 KB

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (03-25-2021),dspace9 (07-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    You should be able to use the rods and pistons from a 4A92. Same bore and stroke.
    I'll google it to see what I can find, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Name:  Mitsubishi-Mirage-R5-rally-car.jpg
Views: 813
Size:  83.9 KB
    I have a body shop who I sent this picture to, but engine and drivetrain first hehehe
    - Self-proclaimed tuner
    My Facebook page at: AlphaSpeedPR

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Does Puerto Rico get Suzuki or Daihatsu imports? I know its a commonwealth of the US but also has some degree of autonomy. Does that translate to getting imports that we cant get in the states? Because if yall have Suzuki Swifts Im moving to San Juan lol.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (03-25-2021),gone.a (11-03-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Does Puerto Rico get Suzuki or Daihatsu imports? I know its a commonwealth of the US but also has some degree of autonomy. Does that translate to getting imports that we cant get in the states? Because if yall have Suzuki Swifts Im moving to San Juan lol.
    I wish!
    Nah, the local government likes follow the rules of the NHTSA and other regulating bodies, so we get pretty much the same car, just sometimes from a different target market (our Genesis Coupes are canadian lol)
    - Self-proclaimed tuner

Quote Originally Posted by ElDominio View Post
    Hey guys, I'm Norman from Puerto Rico.

I bought a Mirage today, as a project car lol
    I just like things people say are too slow to work on and would like to do something different (everyone's seen a fast Evo)

I run/own a tuning shop, make my own version of Speeduino with a team, and have worked on pretty much every aftermarket ECU out there lol

Now, I know most things are going to have to be custom, but I want to ask just in case:
    Anyone know of any rods/pistons that fit the 3A92? Any clutches?

Besides those pretty much everything else will have to be custom, but I want to work on the 3 banger as a personal challenge, see how much I can make out of a built 3 banger. I hope something cool comes out of this!

BTW my Facebook pages are:
    AlphaX and AlphaSpeed

A like would be cool! (I checked rules before posting, if there's anything against this, please edit @mods)

Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to your car. Many have joined with big goals then disappeared shortly after lol.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-11-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDominio View Post

Hey ElDominio, welcome to the forum. Your Mirage is identical to mine, down to being an ES Mirage with LE wheels. So, that's strange. Anyway I'd make your Mirage a sleeper.. drop that small-EVO 1.6 4 cylinder turbo that's in that flashy one Dirk posted. Leave the rest stock.

Real sleeper. As is, your Mirage is a good car. Goes faster down hills lol

My friend had a sleeper Prelude with nitro, so if you want to go fast, you don't want to get noticed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to your car. Many have joined with big goals then disappeared shortly after lol.
    I work with enough people to know them hahaha

That's why I'm saying most stuff will be custom, cause this car is pretty much unsupported when talking about performance modifications.
    The thing is, the car is extremely common here in PR, and it would be great to be able to have some stuff available for my local market.

At the very least, you'll see it running on an aftermarket ECU. I already have the turbocharger in the trunk, I'm just worried about asploding the engine too quickly and then never being able to build it, but the engines are pretty common in junkyards so I'm probably gonna snatch one up and tear it open to see if the pistons/rods match up to any other. That and the clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Hey ElDominio, welcome to the forum. Your Mirage is identical to mine, down to being an ES Mirage with LE wheels. So, that's strange. Anyway I'd make your Mirage a sleeper.. drop that small-EVO 1.6 4 cylinder turbo that's in that flashy one Dirk posted. Leave the rest stock.

Real sleeper. As is, your Mirage is a good car. Goes faster down hills lol

My friend had a sleeper Prelude with nitro, so if you want to go fast, you don't want to get noticed.
    Thanks man, let's see what can be done hahahaa
    - Self-proclaimed tuner

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ElDominio For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (06-19-2022)

Welcome Norman!

We don't have any restrictions about shops posting legit projects.
    As you know the aftermarket is limited enough as it is - we need to encourage people to share their custom builds.

Only request is that you keep us updated instead of just directing visits to your FB page or website when there's some new progress to report.

This is going to be fun.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)