Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hatchback Trunk Organizers!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    With a Mitsubishi Mirage, you can leave the tools at home.
    Haha, ours is a 2018 with 5,000miles so that's probably doubly true! I already condensed my gear significantly from our 18yr old full sized suv we were driving before this. I used to carry enough to fix or replace damn near anything!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    I don't have a flashlight in the back because I keep it in the door pocket. Doubles as an innocuous weapon.
    Yeah, I am somewhat of a flashlight-aholic so I ALWAYS carry a flashlight (and knife) in my pocket anyways. I just like to have a couple backups in the car too. But, then I am like that everywhere. I have a flashlights in the kitchen, bathroom, nightstand, daughter's room, in my satchel, in packs on both my bicycles, in my running pack, and probably a couple more that I can't remember!

This just reminded me I have the perfect headlamp to throw in with this trunk gear!
    Last edited by Bralexander; 07-10-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Somewhat of an update! I ordered a boxy toolbag from amazon and it is almost perfect. There is a little larger sized toolbag from the same company, so that one will be delivered tomorrow. It should work out. I also found out that the bottles of water I had were not in fact sealed completely... that's why there's gatorades in there for now.

Also the pic in the trunk makes the bag look like it is taking up more space than it does. Either way, if I need to put something larger in the trunk I can always throw the bag in the back seat.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bralexander For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-13-2020)

The only extra crap I carry in the car is a phone charger cord and booster cables. If I went on long trips I'd probably carry a belt and tools to change it, full size spare, some fuses, spare bulbs, and a tow rope.

My truck is a different story but I usually use it just for camping so bring way too much crap. Generator, mechanics wire, zip ties, spool of wire, welder, air compressor, floor jack, ramps,Scan tool, enough tools to replace just about anything that could need replacing, beer,jb weld, smokies, wood splitter, beer, gas, oil, chainsaw, extra chainsaw and chains, beer, extra propane etc and some food and water. So far I've had to block off two broken brake lines in two different trucks on the same stretch of road in bf nowhere. Did this one at 1am on the way out camping. Didn't have vice grips. Pliers haywired shut worked just as well. Attachment 18572 and yes that's when I noticed the vent line for the diff was mia and plugged with mud blowing out a hub seal too... The second time i broke a line I ended up taking the broken part off and filled the fitting with jb weld, let it cure and threaded it back on.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Bralexander (07-13-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    You may want to look at this storage box:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...at-load-floor)

In Europe Mitsubishi sell a similar plastic thing as an accessory.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Bralexander (07-13-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    You may want to look at this storage box:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...at-load-floor)

In Europe Mitsubishi sell a similar plastic thing as an accessory.
    This is funny, because I totally thought about doing one of these raised floor storage setups in our Mirage (I've seen them before in larger suvs and thought about building one in my last suv), but talked myself out of it, because it's so much easier to just buy a bag, but now I kinda want to build one again seeing that others have for these cars. The OEM one that's posted in that thread is really, really spiffy. I would totally buy one of those if they were available. Thanks for the link!