Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Throttle limiter for best ECO?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Set your trip odometer to zero (A or B) when your tank is full. Next time you fill your tank.

Take the mileage you traveled and divide it by whatever amount it takes to refill your gas tank.

I traveled 288 miles & took approximately 6 gallons to refill my last tank.

288 miles / 6 gallons = 48 mpg. This is all you do!
    Or you can just fill in the info in the Fuel Economy Log here on this site, & it will calculate it for you. Even your lifetime MPG... (or go to Fuelly.com)

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    Or you can just fill in the info in the Fuel Economy Log here on this site, & it will calculate it for you. Even your lifetime MPG... (or go to Fuelly.com)
    Those are good suggestions, but even those sites aren't going to work unless you enter the correct data.

Entering 9.2 gallons of gas has been used every time (regardless of how many miles have been driven or how much gas is still left in the tank) is not going to give you the correct mpg on any site.

Using the correct tire size, proper tire psi, & doing your best to refill your gas consistently the same way every time will help. Obviously, weather (wind), traffic condition, open windows, A/C, etc. are other outside factors.

Adding a throttle stop to car driven on road should be illegal. I see that as something you would use to limit the speed of a go-cart for a young child.

A throttle cable spring of some type could probably be changed on a Mirage, but I really don't see the need for that. I really don't see that improving the mpg of the car. It may make your right foot/ankle stronger, however.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,822 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Folks, I can tell you there is nothing wrong with MirageRally or his Mirage. We met this morning and frankly, it left me wanting to go out and get a new Mirage his is so nice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Folks, I can tell you there is nothing wrong with MirageRally or his Mirage. We met this morning and frankly, it left me wanting to go out and get a new Mirage his is so nice.
    That's really good to hear!

I hadn't really followed this thread until yesterday. The throttle stop sort of caught my attention & made me relook at what was being shared.

I think he will be much happier with his future mpg calculations!

Just the same - it's nice to have another forum member confirm everything looks good! Well done Eggman!!!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh yeah, it was a very nice visit. We discussed recording our next get-together and posting it as a video as we covered a lot of ground about the forum, our Mirages, etc. Is there any interest in such a venture?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (12-26-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Oh yeah, it was a very nice visit. We discussed recording our next get-together and posting it as a video as we covered a lot of ground about the forum, our Mirages, etc. Is there any interest in such a venture?
    I don't know, but I could see having a video topic list being listed on the forum. To keep it somewhat organized, however, moderators like yourself would place the clip into the proper category.

For example -

Mirage Reviews -
    A number of forum members (Pryme, Johnny Mullet) have done some nice video reviews of the Mirage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWNlrdFyA9I&t=358s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8GoAsSIoH8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfZMoUoaIx4

Mirage Maintenance Reviews -
    Oil changes, brake work, resetting your wrench icon, or whatever.

I don't know what categories would be best?

We have members who have shared some nice clips over the years. Like "Adding Factory Cruise And Fog lights To My Mitsubishi Mirage. ETACS Programming 101" -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcMpT6JalTQ&t=527s

Someone like me has this clip in my brain, & I can find it on youtube.com. A newer forum member may not know these clips exist.

I see the value in having something like that. That could include a category for members getting together like you just mentioned.

I don't expect a Scotty Kilmer category to show up on the forum, however!

Just thinking out loud! No expectations.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All good suggestions. Let's see who else chimes in.