Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New foglights not working?

Did you add a relay to the fuse box?

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Adding pics. This is my underhood fuse/relay panel (2015) and my car does have fog lights...

Name:  relays.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  96.8 KB

Name:  relays2.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  93.6 KB
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 07-14-2020 at 02:32 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Loren (07-14-2020)

With fog lights Attachment 18580
    without fog lightsAttachment 18578

Now I don't know if the underhood fuse box for a 2018 are the same as these 2015's. I do know for a fact some of the wiring inside the car is different.

I'm assuming the headlight relay is different between murica and canuckystan cause we have the drl that turns on the high beams at low voltage. So there's gonna be a resistor that gets hot and craps out eventually.
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-14-2020 at 02:35 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

daleWV (07-14-2020),Loren (07-14-2020),mohammad (06-09-2021),Top_Fuel (07-14-2020)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm assuming the headlight relay is different between murica and canuckystan cause we have the drl that turns on the high beams at low voltage. So there's gonna be a resistor that gets hot and craps out eventually.
    So my relays all look to be the same as yours, but I can't find the exact one at any AutoParts store around me... Would I need this exact one? Or am I looking for a specific type, and any brand of that type would work? I can not find any auto parts stores that carry Panasonic 8627A030 anywhere

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by timmydnx2 View Post
    So my relays all look to be the same as yours, but I can't find the exact one at any AutoParts store around me... Would I need this exact one? Or am I looking for a specific type, and any brand of that type would work? I can not find any auto parts stores that carry Panasonic 8627A030 anywhere
    There are generic that are the same, oreillys keeps them behind the counter. Match terminals on bottom and amperage and it'll work.
    (blank signature)

Quote Originally Posted by timmydnx2 View Post
    Just pull one of the other ones out, swap it out where the fog light one goes and give it a try. It should work. Then take that relay to parts store and buy a relay that looks the same. Make sure it's 12volt 99% will be but there could be 24volt ones out there too that look the same.
    Attachment 18615
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Just pull one of the other ones out, swap it out where the fog light one goes and give it a try. It should work. Then take that relay to parts store and buy a relay that looks the same. Make sure it's 12volt 99% will be but there could be 24volt ones out there too that look the same.
    Much appreciated! Did that and it worked! Thank you for the help! I'm still new into electrical stuff with the car and just didn't wanna screw it up. Swapped it and they worked, ordered a new one and its on the way!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timmydnx2 For This Useful Post:

daleWV (07-17-2020),Loren (07-17-2020),Top_Fuel (07-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This right here helped me out so much and fixed the issue, i had the same problem with my 19 mirage. Thank you so much ♥

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay so I have a 2020 Mirage, I added foglights to it out of a 2015 mirage, It was already turned on in the ETACS options, I added a relay and it is still not working, the light on the dash isn't illuminating either. I'm lost as to what to do from here.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hkpotts1 View Post
    Okay so I have a 2020 Mirage, I added foglights to it out of a 2015 mirage, It was already turned on in the ETACS options, I added a relay and it is still not working, the light on the dash isn't illuminating either. I'm lost as to what to do from here.
    You could maybe consider trying to enable them by following this procedure: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...er-connection)

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos