Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Why change your suspension?

Country
    North Korea
    Thanks
    Show of hands. Im I the only one that likes the cushy suspension? It serves a purpose right?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,028 Times in 831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Show of hands. Im I the only one that likes the cushy suspension? It serves a purpose right?
    Dirk - You need to pick up an old Buick LeSabre (grandpa car)! That just might be your dream car! My parents had one years ago.

Helper springs (mostly used on pickup trucks) are a not a bad concept. You can have the nicer ride of a half-ton pickup truck while having the carrying capacity of a 3/4 ton pickup.

If I needed to haul 3-4 large adults quite frequently, the Mirage would not be my vehicle of choice. Better springs in the rear would help, however. I could see the value of something that helps stiffen up the rear springs for some people.

In my case, I seldom have passengers. I've only had one person in the back seat since owning my Mirage. My rear seats have been folded down for months now. The Mirage serves me well as is.

Country
    Netherlands
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

If I needed to haul 3-4 large adults quite frequently, the Mirage would not be my vehicle of choice. Better springs in the rear would help, however. I could see the value of something that helps stiffen up the rear springs for some people.

In my case, I seldom have passengers. I've only had one person in the back seat since owning my Mirage. My rear seats have been folded down for months now. The Mirage serves me well as is.
    I seldom have passengers aswell, but when I do, or I have my mtb in the back, it rubs as I go over speedhumps or whatever (especially with 195 tires). So these helper springs are good when I want to keep the looks and handling of wider tires, but don't want to be afraid to pop a tire.